What are my job responsibilities?
• Responsible for installation and testing of Power Supply and Distribution for large MRT projects in the Asia Pacific Region. i.e. design and testing deliverable completion, clarification meetings with client and other System Wide Contractors, follow up with Power Supply system’s suppliers (Cables, AC & DC Equipment, transformers, inverter systems, OCS and ROCS, Auxiliary systems, Battery & Chargers, etc.).
• Prepare Method statements for installation of Power Supply and OCS/OCR Catenary Equipment.
• Prepare and carry out Site Acceptance tests with accuracy as stated in the relevant test documents.
• Supervising the installation of the Power Supply Equipment in close cooperation with the installation contractors.
• Supervision of Testing and Commissioning works for the Power Supply Equipment as required, demonstrating that the system is operational and meets the requirement of the contract and technical specifications.
• Work closely with Project teams, Interfacing, Power Supply Equipment suppliers, T&C teams including coordinate with various interface partner.
• Ensure Health and Safety Requirements on site (Zero harm culture)
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Assisting and reporting to Project Manager
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• Degree in Electrical Engineering (minimum Bachelor’s degree from recognized university)
• Has acquired strong foundation as a Electrical Engineer and in Coordination Works with Civil Contractors.
• Must have minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the planning and construction of power supply systems for rail transit and infrastructure projects.
• Must have experience in the coordination, delivery and installation of Power Supply systems particularly for a complex MRT line with multiple construction areas.
• Must have wide experience in coordinating an MRT Power Supply project. Knowledge in the installation and civil provision in the installation of Power supply systems, i.e. 1500V DC, 750V DC, 22kV AC, Cabling, 3rd rail, Auxiliary systems, Stinger, Rigid and conventional Catenary systems etc. and its delivery to installation site.
• Must provide practical experience related to Medium Voltage or High Voltage railway power supply projects, design, commissioning, installation and testing
• Experience in interpreting and understand Civil Combined Services drawing (CSD), Structural, Electrical & Mechanical drawings (SEM). Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP).
• Experience in handling design coordination, inspections and supervision work
• Involvement in previous executed mass transit projects is preferred.
• Well verse of Local transportation operators and legal requirement.
• Adaptable to different working environments and customer working terms and conditions.
• Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the Business – and in front of new and existing customers.
• Effective team player, strong Management skills with technical, analytical and coordination abilities.
• Proficient for Microsoft office applications and AutoCAD
• Quality and Change Management experience
• Project management skills
• Singaporeans or Singapore Residents preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time