Siemens Mobility is looking for Construction Manager to join their Rail Infrastructure team in Birmingham, Manchester or Crewe.
This role is responsible for the management of all Construction services in their designated office, and for the management and co-ordination of all site activity. The Senior Construction Manager will produce and maintain an effective and robust project implementation plan to ensure safe, timely and profitable implementation and commissioning in accordance with the Company’s business objective.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide effective leadership and development of the Regional Office Construction team to ensure it has the required resources, skills and attitudes to deliver a first class Construction serviceand be the focal point for all constructions matters locally
- Develop and implement strategies to drive and embed a Construction service focused on cost, quality and timely delivery
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external customers, including the Project Delivery Director, Project Manager, Client Engineering Partner, external Client and 3rd party contractors
- Ensure all staff competencies are up to date including professional development, membership and licensing including i.e., IRSE and health and safety qualifications within the regional office
- Standardisation and compliance for all construction activities to ensure industry best practice is established and maintained
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the project construction deliverables through effective management of project resources, Sub-Contractors and suppliers to the required quality, time, cost and safety.
- Establish and control all site-based costs, change control, risk management and quality & safety management processes.
- Manage both internal & external interfaces and build effective relationships with the Customer and Sub Contractor
- Minimum HNC in Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CITB Site Management Safety Training
Knowledge & Experience:
- Engineering Manager (Installation) IRSE license or significant Civil Engineering background/competence
- Construction and/or site safety background
- Substantial experience of managing and developing groups of people
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of department and other disciplines also customer and suppliers
- Must be willing to travel and lodge nationally
- Leading and managing change
- Corporate Membership of the IRSE
- Project Management or construction management experience
- Substantial Railway signalling or construction experience
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Either