As an Electrical Power Systems Software Engineer/Analyst in Curitiba – PR, you will develop,
implement, and perform complex technical assignments related to Advanced Power
Systems Software Applications for Energy Management Systems software applications.
The position requires effective development, delivery, and support for Operator Training Simulator application, using applicable theory, algorithms, and solution techniques. Develop functional requirements, design specifications, documentation, and testing of Operator Training Simulator application. It is also expected to execute and reviewing high quality customer commercial projects delivered on schedule, within budget, and meets or exceeds customer satisfaction expectations.
What We Need From You
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with thesis or related work in power systems is a plus
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in Software Engineering, Project Deployment, and R&D solutions
· Experience with 2 of the following: C/C++, Fortran, Perl
· Experience with grid applications and power system modeling
· Extremely partner-focused, proactive, and effective within a team environment
· Platforms: Windows and Linux operating systems
· Fluent English and Portuguese language skills
Relevant but not necessary experience include
- Experience with source code control using Git
- Experience with agile methodologies like Scrum
- Experience with testing and test automation is a plus
- Experience with SCADA systems, mission critical systems or Network Grid Control Centers software
· Promote and demonstrate best practices and high-quality software development processes including development of new code and maintenance of existing code
· Write documents for development tasks including design notes, testing procedures, functional specifications, etc.
· Provide effort estimates for project tasks
· Support test and continuous integration activities
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Highly organized and efficient
Place of work: Curitiba – PR (or remote, based in Brazil)
Diverse teams are better teams! If everyone thinks the same way, an innovation will not happen. Therefore, we seek talents from different backgrounds, genders, ages, races, sexual orientation and people with disabilities. At Siemens, the opportunities are for everyone.
Come build the future! Join our team!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Infraestrutura e Industria Ltda.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time