Do you want to maintain Siemens Mobility’s position as an important partner in the development of sustainable solutions? Are you able to continue the development in an ambitious department?
Then this might be the right job for you!
At Siemens Mobility, we provide Transport - and Logistics solutions to ensure a reliable and sustainable infrastructure. Our solutions must handle the challenges of increasing traffic as a consequence of increasing urbanization. We are active in the Transport Sector and work with Rail Electrification, High-Speed Trains, Regional Trains, Locomotives, S-Trains, Light Rail, Metro and much more.
Right now, we have an open leadership position for our Engineering Department. The Head of Engineering is a key role within Siemens Mobility A/S together with several other departments. You will be reporting directly to the CEO, and the primary responsibility is to drive and lead the Engineering Department consisting of 4 groups and 60+ employees. The five Engineering groups are Systems & Hardware, Automation, Software Development and Rail Electrification. The department is multidisciplinary, international, and diverse, and we complement each other – both professionally and socially. We appreciate teamwork, flexibility and an open mindset while focusing on empowering the voice of each colleague and giving opportunities for growth.
Your primarily responsibilities will be:
- Develop a strategy to promote the entire portfolio to our headquarters in Germany
- Drive competence development in the department
- In collaboration with Project Directors and Project Managers deliver the right resources to our projects
- Product development in collaboration with our headquarters in Germany
- As part of the management team optimize and create a lean and agile organization
We are looking for:
We believe in trust-based leadership, empowerment and development which are key values to us. Your personal qualities show trust, reliability and interest in leadership and influence. You are open-minded, compassionate, orderly and understand the importance of an open and honest environment where feedback at all levels is one of our important ways of developing. We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Good supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire multiple teams into the future
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/IT or related disciplines
- At least 8 years of experience with Management or Project Management
- Experience with Software Development, Hardware Development and SCADA systems
- Relevant background from the industry as well as a solid understanding of modern software and system architecture
- Knowledge within the fields of Control Centers SCADA/DMS, Rail Electrification Design and Implementation, Software Development and Rail Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferable Danish and German
- Effective collaboration skills with international teams and people of different functions
You will be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. We offer you good career opportunities in an international work environment with exciting challenges as well as the opportunity for continuous competence development. We prioritize accountability for health and well-being of our employees and offer many employee benefits such as training facilities, company clubs and stock program. In addition, we have favorable pension conditions with health insurance for you and your family. We work with work-life balance to create mutual and flexible working conditions, where you can also work from home a few days a week.
Throughout your onboarding we will give you the necessary knowledge of our business, workflow and systems. Beside the fact that we support each other daily, we prioritize relationship building and the sense of belonging. Meet your future colleagues here.
Please send us your CV and application as soon as possible, as we are processing applicants continuously. For further information, please contact Project Director Kell Quist Jensen by email email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition Sofie Mathilde Lauridsen Sleiborg by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to meet you and we hope you will share your knowledge with us. Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talents and experiences makes us more ambitious and better at handling the market and demands of the society successfully.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility A/S
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time