This role has the purchasing responsibilities for finished goods products from Siemens plants and / or vendors. This critical role supports our customer, customer support organization and product management organization in North America.
In this position the buyer will work closely with the plants / vendor to ensure timely delivery of product to our customers. For key metrics the buyer will focus on delivery reliability, asset management, and effective communication.
What you will do:
• Create purchase orders based in customer needs and inventory replenishment using SAP
• Manage GR/IR
• Provide detailed information on expected availability of materials to customer service, product management, and sales using Sie Sales and email.
• Manage purchase orders maintenance, aging, goods receipts vs invoices, review invoices in P2P tool, info records, price discrepancies and confirmation messages.
• Establish top priorities with vendors.
• Coordinate quality returns to the vendors and procuring the correct posting of credits.
• Develop effective communication with product management, customer support, procurement, R&D and finance and suppliers.
• Maintain supplier performance and drive vendor development related activities
• Set up vendors in SAP using vendor master data
What we need from you:
• College degree
• Knowledge of Procurement / Supply Chain activities with a broad solid understanding of operational, activities across a range of businesses.
• Previous experience of working in Supply Chain Management or customer support
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge in ERP system
• Planning and organizational skills
• Good communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• (CRM) knowledge
• Bilingual English / Spanish
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time