Sales Manager, Siemens Grid Software
Who are we?
At Siemens Grid Software, we accelerate and secure a successful Energy Transition
Today the energy world is changing to become carbon neutral. Distributed Energy Resources are growing 7-fold and by the end of this decade decentralized power generation will catch up with conventional generation. Utility companies realize that yesterday’s solutions are not going to provide the answers to tomorrow’s challenges. As they shape the future of their IT/OT systems and they realize that they need agile thinking and an IT focus on their operations to provide energy reliably, efficiently, and cyber secure. This is the opportunity that we are leveraging.
Are you passionate about accelerating the energy transition? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to positively change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
As market leader in Grid Software and Consulting incl, meter data management, grid control and simulation, Siemens is in a prime position to accelerate and secure the energy transition by supporting grid operators and industry and infrastructure players to master the challenge of distributed energy resources in the smartest way.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens Grid Software here:
At Siemens Grid Software we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are looking for a dynamic, ambitious, and talented Sales Manager with excellent communication skills to position our Grid Software business. Must take responsibility for the development of opportunities and engage customers to highlight the value addition of Grid Software portfolio in alignment with the customers software digitalization roadmap. Proactive approach to identify and analyze market drivers and competitive environment, building relationship with the customers to understand their objectives and needs, investigate, and develop specific business opportunities for customer-related product and service portfolio.
- Responsible for the sales and bid management activities of Grid Software solutions and services.
- Identify and develop opportunities to generate Grid Software business. Analyze regional market trends, competitive situation and discover new opportunities for growth
- Preparation and management of offer projects in sales - complete understanding of customer requirements, development of suitable offers together with the team of service professionals, coordination of all stakeholders involved
- Plan sales volumes and potentials for the targeted customers to improve the opportunities pipeline and YOY growth order intake.
- Continuously updates the specific opportunity close plan, incl. metrics in CRM to secure proper reporting to the respective internal business units
- Smart communication to position Siemens as preferred partner.
- Negotiating and closing deals.
- Adherence to internal process and guidelines
- Ensures the detail review of win-loss analysis for learning/feedback
- Active participation in the Siemens community, and regular exchange with other Siemens units (Area Sales, Account Manager, Country Managers ...)
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / IT or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of Sales experience with a track record of successful performance preferably in the relevant industry / market.
- Know-How of Regional Business Area for easy framework of customer to build relationship.
- Knowledge of electrical industry, particularly in Software Control and Monitoring System, Planning and Simulation Software and Meter Data Management
- Understanding of the IT/OT landscape of the power systems
- Good understanding of software business process, CRM tool (Salesforce), MS Office tools
- Basic knowledge of commercial fundamentals
- Strong in communication, persuasion, and presentation skills, empathetic and creative in interpersonal relationships
- Native or fluent in English. Solid knowledge in Arabic is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industrial Business Co. For Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Contracting WLL
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time