Would you like to be part of a fast-paced software organization on a mission to simplify smart buildings, smart equipment and IoT?
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Test Automation Engineer for our QA team to extend and improve our automated testing activities for our next solutions for FIN Framework software.
Our FIN Framework (FIN) software is an innovative framework that can integrate, control, manage, analyze, visualize, and connect smart buildings, smart equipment and IoT.
We join forces with ecosystem partners to accelerate the design, build and delivery of their own smarter products and services.
Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to auto test coverage and best practices. You will have strong analytical skills and a desire to share your knowledge and understanding of topics and empower your team members.
The role that you will play:
- Participate in Sprint Planning to understand next steps of our software and prepare the testing activities accordingly
- Contributes to the extension and improvement of test automation requirements and ensures the creation of quality automation test strategies for functional and non-functional testing
- Develop and maintain functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as crafted
- Use your strong background in quality assurance as you take a hands-on approach to mentoring teams of QA professionals
- Conduct code reviews and receive feedback on his work in a positive way
- Support testing of multiple major releases in coordination with development teams while supervising testing activities and key internal deliverable
- Understand BAS terms, concepts, and usability
- Understand customer needs
- Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens!
What we would like from your side?
- Preferred, 5+ years of software automation testing experience
- Experience with any high-level programming language: Java, C#, Python or TypeScript.
- Knowledge and understanding of OOP concepts and ability to learn new programming languages
- Strong automation testing tools knowledge for different purposes or platform specific and identifying the optimum technical solution
- Experience with CI/CD setups, tools, and maintenance
- Experience with Test management tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Strong debugging skills and seasoned problem solver
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience working on an agile development team and with developers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced personnel
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience in testing web-based applications
- Ability to learn and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions on the edge OR in the cloud
- Knowing how to write unit tests is a plus
- Experience in testing on embedded devices is a plus
- Experience or proven interest in IoT is a plus
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond efficient to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time