Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Technical Writer to develop customer-facing instructions for use for new Laboratory Diagnostics (LD) products.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Technical Writer in the Content & Labeling
Department, you will be
- Collaborating with subject-matter experts in R&D, Customer Services, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, and other functions to develop and manage customer-facing information for use in online help, operator’s gudies, software release notes, and other documents.
- Tracking your work using a change manamgent system and agile visual management techniques as a member of a content and labeling scrum team.
- Developing content within an XML-based content management system and database to maximize content reuse across multiple customer-facing deliverables and translations.
- Ensuring that the content developed has clear traceability to design requirements, R&D specifications and reports, and available software emulators.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have a problem-solving mindset, with a natural ability to spot when something doesn’t look right and a passion for continuous improvement.
- You have experience with laboratory diagnostics systems and software or are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions.
- You have experience developing error troubleshooting content, identifying possible causes and corrective actions to help customers resolve issues on their own.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and are proficient in developing structured content (e.g., DITA or XML) and working in databases.
- You are willing to travel to different company sites as needed to meet with colleagues or verify customer-facing procedures.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in a life sciences or related industry
- Willing to travel up to 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
The pay range for this position in NYC or Westchester County, NY is $93,560 - $126,130 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is 8% of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.