We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
The EHS Specialist supports the business to assure compliance with applicable internal and external EHS-related rules & regulations to prevent EHS-related hazards and risks.
- Identifies EHS-related statutory requirements, rules & regulations and EHS aspects. Ensure that required EHS-related permits, authorizations, certificates are available and authorities have been notified as necessary.
- Escalates in case of non-compliance with legal, business or customer´s EHS requirements.
- Performs in a multidisciplinary team risk and environmental assessments and defines mitigation measures.
- Conducts regular site inspections to identify risks, and defines preventive and corrective measures.
- Analyzes statistics including near misses to identify trends and implements countermeasures.
- Ensures contractors requirements are known and well implemented in terms of Environment and Safety. Reviews safe work method statements/risk assessments of contractors. ---- Evaluates contractors in terms of their EHS performance and provide feedback.
- Implements a training concept that fulfills all EHS-related training requirements, including new hires orientation.
- Ensures all incidents are investigated and recorded and appropriate measures are defined, implemented and monitored.
- Assists in the implementation of Siemens Environmental and Safety programs.
- Conducts regular Environmental and Safety meetings with site supervisors team.
- Prepare and participates in ISO audits (internal and external ones).
What will you need to succeed?
Minimum of 3 years site-related experience from industrial and/or construction business or similar.
Work experience in preparation of EHS procedures.
Work experience in ISO systems.
Work experience in interdisciplinary teams.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar
Upper Intermediete english.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.