Why Choose Us?
Join in Smart Infrastructure, be Zero Carbon Pioneer for a Better Tomorrow!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds, by making cities smarter, energy greener, we contribute to sustainability and decarbonization. We build a better future for cities, societies, and industries to change the lives of billions of people for the better.
We develop networks that supply our cities with light and heat intelligently and we know our way around automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries.
At the dawn of the outbreak of global Electrical Vehicle market, the Business Unit, Siemens eMobility, has setup a dedicated global R&D team to develop EV charging portfolio. The mechanical engineer will be responsible for EVSE mechanical design to meet global EVSE product development target.
We are looking for smart thinkers and innovation drivers, clever minds that can tackle the most exciting challenges and make the impact in a unique mission to create a better tomorrow for society. People like you, what are you waiting for?
What will you do if join us?
• Follow product requirement; work with global/local team develop mechanical/structure design solution for EVSE related products, including overall concept design, industrial design and structure design. Responsible for design specification and product/component validation plan development.
• Responsible for mechanical design execution and design reviews to meet project schedule; conduct engineering calculation and simulation independently.
• Responsible for mechanical design outputs, including effect drawing, 3D design, 2D drawing, assembly drawing, BOM… and other related design work.
• Co-work with cross functional teams (Marketing, Sales) to support RFQ projects.
• Co-work with cross functional teams (Sourcing, Quality) to qualify new components/suppliers.
• Responsible for other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Who are we looking for?
• Bachelor degree or above, major in mechanical engineering, minimal 3 years’ experience in mechanical/structural design domain.
• Master degree with 5+ years’ experience in MNC is highly preferred.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment.
• Proficient in 2D and 3D drawing capture and related tools.
• Proficient in injection molded parts design.
• Proficient in sheet metal parts design is preferred.
• Experience with Creo is preferred.
• Strong understanding of material processing and surface treatment, injection molding.
• Knowledge of EMC, Safety and DFx (DFM, DFA, DFR) is preferred.
• Experience with thermal simulation is preferred.
• Experience in EVSE/UPS industry is preferred.
• Experience in industry design is preferred.
• Experience in automotive industry is preferred.
• Good English, proficiency in both oral and writing.
• Good team player, Can-do attitude, flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities, able to effectively communicate with all types of staff.
What we offer.
We offer a collaborative and caring environment with strong focus on life-long learning, result-based recognition, and competitive benefit options.
We live up to a culture of team spirit, trust and mutual respect, a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion with various backgrounds, nationalities, expertise, and mindsets.
You are encouraged to shape your personal development. Siemens offers flexible ways of working and we care for each other’s well-being. It is our priority to enable you to stay resilient and relevant in a permanently changing world.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time