(Senior) System Test Engineer
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Digital Industry Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software, and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, mechanical engineering or other interesting sectors.
Your mission in new role:
Work together with different engineers in our Agile development team, to design, implement, maintain, enhance, test and debug for Siemens IPC products. You will join our journey to the new industrial computing world and AI application.
Your new role – Challenging and future oriented
1. You will be part of a newly created, fun, innovative, diverse, and international team.
2. You love continuous learning and sharing with team members and be unafraid to bring new ideas forward.
3. You conduct system/Integration test with other testers for a new generation of IPC products, IoT and edge devices, or other intelligent systems by understanding the customer value
4. You need to do the test plan, estimate test effort independently in projects as quality guard, and report result during the whole PLM process under the Agile context.
5. You contribute to automation test platform improvement via test case design implementation.
6. You support developers on development deviation finding and root cause analysis.
7. You participate in the system test environment setup with security consideration under support from the configuration manager.
8. Participates in design reviews. Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws.
9. Participates in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
10. In addition to your tester role, you can also take other functions like DevOps developer, scrum master or test architecture in the future.
Your Qualifications – solid and appropriate
1. Ideally you have successfully completed university education in the areas of Informatics, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences or you will have earned the recognition of such academic achievements based on practical programming experiences.
2. You have good logical and strategic thinking, debugging skills
3. You have more than 5 years of professional experience in FW/SW system test or development.
4. You should demonstrate expertise in C/C++, Python programing languages and automation test frameworks.
5. You Have experience with IPC (Industrial PC) and know the use case of IPC HW/IO component. Also familiar with testing BIOS and OS(Windows/Linux) features.
6. You have good understanding the principles of a professional (automated) software/hardware testing (i.e. testing provides information about the software/hardware maturity, and professional methods help to increase the test efficiency), and understands the impact on his/her own area of responsibility.
7. Testing experience over complex hardware product (modular and complex configuration combinations) is a plus You are a quick learner for new technologies and technology trend.
8. You are fluent in English (oral and written) – additional languages are plus but not required.
9. You have good habit to document and spread the knowledge and deliver outputs with quality to next stage in process.
10. You love continuous learning and sharing to team members and be unafraid of bring new ideas forward.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time