Siemens Logistic LLC is seeking a Senior Electrical and Controls Automation Engineer for our Airports operation at our Irving TX location. The candidate will work for the Airport Logistics (AL) business unit to support the design, install, test and commissioning of baggage handling systems (BHS) for domestic airports. The BHS is critical to air travel safety and airport/airline profitability. Each BHS is a customized solution optimized for the location, purpose and bag traffic.
We currently have opportunities for Senior Electrical and Controls Automation Engineer. The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background and be able to apply the knowledge learned in previous jobs and engineering schools to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidate will initially work with experienced engineers as a part of a project team and eventually lead his own project team.
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Project Manager, the candidate will be required to participate in design, development, testing and commissioning of automated Baggage and Material Handling systems. Assists in the design of systems that integrate electrical hardware and software. Assists in verify material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Provides assistance in recommending ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction
Typical activities include:
- Understand system requirements, define system architecture, select the components.
- Electrical Schematics & Industrial Panel Design, per north American electrical codes
- Network design using Profinet, Profibus, ControlNet, EthernetIP, ModbusTCP, Modbus Plus Development of Scripts using Visual Basic, Python etc
- PLC architecture design, PLC programming with Allen-Bradley Studio 5000, Siemens Simatic S7 (Simatic Manager, TIA), Schneider (Proworx, Concept, Unity)Function block programming, Ladder logic programming. STL programming
- HMI development using SiemensWinCC or Rockwell Factorytalk View (faceplates for motor controls, dynamic equipment status graphics), alarm management, and trending in HMI and SCADA applications
- Writing Project Documentation (e.g. Description of Operations, Test Plans)
- Testing using emulation tools like Emulate 3D, Automod
- Field commissioning and startup of Baggage Handling and Cargo Systems
- Providing customer support
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Electrical / Controls / Automation / Robotics / Instrumentation/ Industrial Engineering/Technology, or college equivalent
- Two years' experience programming PLCs, in particular Schneider, Siemens, and Allen Bradley.
- Two years' experience designing or commissioning industrial machinery or systems. Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) and Windows OS
- Strong command of English Language both written and verbal is a must
- Willingness to travel (mainly domestic) approximately 40 % of the time
- Working knowledge of programming in C / C++ / C#, Python, Java, VB, Access, SQL, Oracle and PLCs
- Understanding of electrical codes (NFPA70, NFPA79, UL508A)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Five years' experience programming PLCs, in particular Schneider, Siemens, and Allen Bradley.
- Five years' experience designing industrial machinery or systems
- High level of Eplan or AutoCAD electrical skills
- Deep understanding of North American and international electrical codes
- Experience working “live” construction jobsites
- Experience with conveyor systems controls design.
Qualified applicant must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsorship now or at any time during employment.
As an employee of Siemens Logistics, benefits include:
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Professional development
Siemens is recognized by “Fortune” as one of 2022’s Most Admired Companies in the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that embraces and promotes ownership culture, empowerment, open communication, diversity, and collaboration.
Design your future with us! Apply today and join Team Siemens.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.