At our Siemens Advanta R&D Center we are focused on a product development including software development, hardware development, mechanical design and testing for the next generation concept of Industry 4.0.
Come and work with us to develop products for industrial automation. We are currently looking for a developer with C/C++ language skills to join our team and work with us to develop and maintain Linux and Windows kernel driver for PCI/PCIe devices. These PCI/PCIe devices communicate with industrial world over Ethernet based communication protocol called PROFINET.
Your responsibility will be to integrate the developed drivers into a common platform called PLAT. This platform enriches the internally developed communication stack for PROFINET with a complete user interface and adds support for various operating systems and hardware solutions.
Your task will be
- Design, implement and maintain Linux and Windows kernel driver for PCI/PCIe devices.
- Analyzing problems, locating bottlenecks and proposing a range of viable solutions.
- Bring up ideas on how to improve our current system.
- Performing code reviews.
- Collaborating with other developers as needed to manage interdependencies of the project tasks, product and flow integration issues.
- Participating in reviews and/or inspections of designs, specifications, and code.
- Working with QA to meet the quality requirements needed for the products.
- Writing functional specifications and design documentation.
- Driving topics on your own and organize yourself, distribute your knowledge.
You can look forward to
- Signing bonus up to CZK 100 000
- Relocation package (CZK 100,000 if you move to the Czech Republic from abroad, CZK 50,000 if you move to Brno within the Czech Republic)
- Interesting projects realized in cooperation with Siemens AG development
- Hi-tech equipped labs
- Unique technologies and know-how
- Friendly atmosphere at workplace
What we will appreciate from you
- Good verbal and written English skills are necessary
- Experience in kernel driver development for Windows (KMDF/WDF) and Linux essential
- Very good skills in C
- Basic experience in C++
- Fundamental knowledge about embedded programming / real-time operating systems
- Experience in usage of hardware debugging is beneficial
- Knowledge about system programming in Linux
- Being a team-player
- Experience with source code management such as GIT
We can also offer you
- A very social team and friendly company culture
- The possibility to improve yourself via trainings or other methods of your choice
- Technologies like hypervisor or distributed software
- A team mentality to always keep improving and experimenting
- A huge community of experts which can support you
- Stable background of Siemens company
- Work with the emphasis on quality and reliability
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible work hours, home office
- Individual budget for benefits of up to CZK 48 000, which can be changed to combination of additional 8 days of bonus holidays, credits for cafeteria system or pension/life insurance allowance
- Catering allowance in the form of luncheon vouchers or allowance in company canteen
- Opportunity to become the shareholder of Siemens AG and get stocks for free
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time