We are Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are adding a Weld Specialist to the team who will support our welding quality production program. Bring your passion for production to Siemens Mobility!
Learn about us here:
Meet your new manager here:
What you will be doing:
- Apply documented rules, past practices, or instruction on an independent level and recommends change.
- Preempts potential problems and provides effective solution in reaction to application of welding mythology, techniques, knowledge of process.
- Provides side by side mentoring using best practices, company procedures and industry standards as a guide.
- Constantly observes welding operations to identify areas of improvement.
- Acts as technical expert in welding and quality operations within facility.
What you need to be successful:
- 3 to 5 years' experience welding and or welding quality within an AWS or DIN certified organization.
- Successful demonstration of key responsibilities of practical welding.
- Performed visual inspection of increasingly difficult level involving the application of working knowledge of welding techniques and mythology, ability to read blueprints and other specifications containing welding symbols
- Working knowledge of torch, plasma equipment and test equipment.
- Ability to monitor the effectives of weld techniques, provide documented and coaching feedback, practical demonstration of "how to do right".
- Capable of supporting weld process development and or improvement for mythology of weld processes.
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth within their zone of proximal development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.