Siemens Mobility has been a leading supplier of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, automation, electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need answers to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always one step ahead. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
We seek to hire a Senior Network Solution Engineer (PLC programmer) to support our DC traction power substation equipment's design, implementation, and testing. Our campus in Wilsonville, OR, will provide a modern landscape for you to develop and generate Network Control (NC.) Contract Engineering Design submittals with other configuration data, programs, documentation, and drawings for assigned projects. You will work closely with Senior Project Engineers and Technical Managers to present integrated engineering solutions to the Customer. Your passion for providing the highest quality and exceptional customer service should be transparent in your delivery timescales (within budget) without compromising the quality or safety of our products and services.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Prepare and develop the Network Control (NC) design work/submittals and all other associated documentation, including programming of intelligent devices for assigned projects
- Give technical support to all Project Managers / Technical Managers / Project Engineers as required
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Factory Integration Testing (FIT), Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), and Field / Site Integration Testing (SIT) as required
- Take an active role in the local mentoring of junior/less experienced staff
- Flexible approach to work and ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery on time and within budget
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
- Willingness to travel across North America (Travel <5% required)
- Positively influence engineering design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required. Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years experience in programming Siemens S7 PLCs (required)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Ladder Logic, Structured Text (ST and SCL), and Functional Block programming languages (required)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Rail Electrification (preferred)
- Proven in-depth knowledge of and experience with the following products is an advantage:
- Siemens Simatic® S7 PLC's
- Siemens Simatic® TP (Touch Panel) HMI's
- Siemens Simatic® TIA Portal
- Siemens Simatic® WinCC
- Working knowledge in using and maintaining software libraries
- Working knowledge of Siemens software simulation tools
- Ability to test and fix wiring in cabinets and panels
- Proficient in discipline-specific ANSI / IEEE / NEMA / NFPA standards (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of SCADA (preferred) and Cellular / Mobile / Wireless / Radio technology (preferred)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, meaningful, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.