Position Overview - DOD SkillBridge - Intern Opportunity
The warehouse coordinator is responsible for all shipping and receiving activities at the branch warehouse as well as the management and upkeep of the warehouse environment.
The warehouse coordinator reports to the regional manager or the warehouse supervisor (if applicable).
Additionally, the warehouse coordinator will have daily interaction with branch staff and acts as a service provider to branch operations – thereby taking some local direction from operations management.
Military members with experience in inventory, spare parts, supplies, distribution, or those who oversee the receipt, storage, documentation, transport, issue, and quality assurance of military supplies, would be a good fit, including but not limited to:
- Army: Automated Logistical Specialist, Unit Supply Specialist, Medical Logistics Specialist
- Navy: Logistician, Logistics Manager, Logistics Specialist Supervisor, Materiel Management Manager
- Air Force: Materiel Management, Medical Materiel
- Marine Corps: Aviation Supply Specialist, Supply Chain and Materiel Management Specialist
- Coast Guard: Storekeeper
Day-to-day responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
receiving inbound deliveries
posting of all goods receipts (including subcontracts),
moving parts and materials into inventory and/or job stock,
picking parts and materials for outbound deliveries,
processing all transactions in SAP according to standard procedure, creating shipping papers using the preferred carriers’ software application, supporting the service van parts replenishment process, keeping accurate inventory levels and participating in the inventory count process as dictated by policy/procedure, executing the goods return procedure for the branch, communicating with internal parties to coordinate delivery of parts and materials to meet project/service demand, retaining documentation necessary for follow-up and proof of delivery and inventory, general housekeeping of the warehouse, enforcing and maintain safety in the warehouse, adhering to standard warehouse guidelines, and following the Siemens' policies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and organized
- Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
- SAP experience – IM and WM modules
- Good written and verbal communication
- Material handling skills/experience – the movement of parts and materials (in boxes) using the appropriate handling equipment
- Experience using a forklift (certification needed)
- Safety first attitude
- Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
- Self-directed – ability to work independently (supervised remotely)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years experience working in a warehouse in a material handling and logistics function
- Variety of supply chain management experience
- Experience working with cross-functions (e.g. project managers, service technicians)
- Customer service experience
- SAP experience – other SCM-related modules (Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.)
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.