Siemens Healthineers is recruiting for a Customer Service Engineer in Diagnostics business line to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain to a high standard; a range of state-of-the-art medical devices and address customer needs promptly and professionally. This is a field role with considerable independence travelling to and working at customer sites. The role is primarily weekdays, with 12 weekend days rotaed over a 12-month period.
What are my responsibilities?
Work in cooperation with the Customer Care Centre to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthineers products within your designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
- Ensure material parts are processed in accordance with policy
- Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order
- Escalate as appropriate situations where customer satisfaction is compromised, or contractual obligations are unlikely to be met
- Maintain good communications and team working with all Managers and Colleagues
- Understand and comply with Siemens Healthineers work instructions, quality policy, codes of conduct policies and regulatory requirements at all times
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team processes.
- Complete personal administration and company mandatory training in a timely and accurate manner
- When applicable provide out of hours technical service support and complete individual mandatory weekend working provision
- Attend product training courses in Europe and USA in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team within customer services to ensure our company values are achieved
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in an Electronics, Engineering and/or Bio-Chemistry disciplines.
- Ideally you will have previous field service experience where you have undertaken fault finding on electronic or medical equipment. You will also be required to have strong IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
- Your customer facing skills will be invaluable, as you will be required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within Siemens Healthineers, third parties, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers and must quickly gain the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels
- You must hold a full UK driving license
- Area covered is largely but not exclusively the Newport/Cardiff
- A flexible approach to travel
- Essential training will be required in our European and USA training centres.
- Candidates can expect to spend on average 4 hours travelling each day
- A mentoring training program will be assigned to you to assist your journey and development. Within this program you will be mentored within the field by an experienced and qualified peer and supported by your regional Customer Service Manager throughout the process
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with an over 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients. Our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. Therefore, we are committed to helping our healthcare partners to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as leading the way in innovation of digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work 2022’. Ranking 38th for Best Workplaces for Wellbeing, 33rd within the super large category and 35th Best Workplace for Women. In addition to this, with our excellent apprenticeship program, we were ranked 39th by Rate my apprenticeship in 2022.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is the best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, please explore our website.
Can you help us meet, achieve and exceed our values? Help us embrace what is important to assist the company’s continual drive to move forward, innovate and lead the way. Be willing to ‘Listen first’ ‘Win Together’ ‘Learn Passionately’ ‘Step Boldly’ and ‘Own it’
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Subsistence allowance to support daily meals
- Company Car
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to financial guidance
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Access to career development via Siemens Healthineers training programs and Apprenticeship levy to achieve external qualifications
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry, not react to it. That is why we will seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas in line with our strategy and ambitions.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. Strongly encouraging applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time