We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Service Technician (Switchgear) and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Smart infrastructure, Electricity & Automation enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture.
Change the future with us.
Ensuring business success with excellent customer satisfaction by delivering installation, testing, maintenance, and repair services scope on 415V – 33kV electrical installation projects, products, and systems, to budget, on time and to a quality standard to meet customer needs and service level agreements.
• Troubleshooting of LV & MV installed switchgear assets.
• Attending emergency call-out requirements as part of Long-Term Service Agreements.
• Be responsible for coordinating site activities in accordance with processes and procedures agreed with the Service Delivery Manager and Operations team.
• Follow all safety requirements as outlined by Siemens as well as the customers.
• Preparation and management of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Skilled in the PC applications including the Microsoft office 365 full suite of applications.
• Ability to use Siemens’s technology and devices.
• Successfully complete assigned training as outlined in the training path.
• Make full use of the non-conformance reporting (NCR) tool ensuring all project related, NCR’s are closed out in a timely manner and lessons learned are fed back into the business.
What you need to make real what matters.
• Working knowledge and experience of maintenance services, installation and testing of MV/ LV switchgear.
• Competent IT user of Microsoft Office applications and preferably with experience of using o IT such laptop or similar portable device to extract data, interrogate to fault find, update or upload system software or component drivers.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Full UK driving license
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time