Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing Systems Developer to join the Manufacturing Engineering team of our Grand Prairie, TX factory. Located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex, our growing facility has over 750 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order circuit breakers. The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity, and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, MES integration, KPI visualizations, software development, process automation, & upgrades/maintenance of existing servers and systems. As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team the development projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
Seeking a talented engineer with experience supporting & developing software in an industrial or manufacturing environment. This position will place emphasis on development of software systems that support and enhance manufacturing productivity, reliability, & quality in a light manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starting individual with a strong desire to solve problems & learn new things. Ideal fit would be someone with a focus in data & software. SQL development knowledge & experience with C# & ASP.NET will be required. The ability to troubleshoot software systems and perform root cause analysis is critical to this role. The types of projects that will need to be executed are varied and will require an adaptable skill set. Candidate must be able to review & understand existing data structures, systems and interfaces and be able to craft novel methods to connect systems.
- Support Sr. Manufacturing/Systems Engineer and/or lead key software development projects
- Software development using C#, SQL, ASP.NET, & Java
- Schedule patching of managed servers with IT provider & coordinate downtime or testing with production management
- Assist with mitigation of reported vulnerabilities to maintain cybersecurity compliance
- Mentor & train Engineering team members
- Document all projects & create troubleshooting guides
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Education:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with a focus on Data & Software.
2. Outage Recovery, and Root Cause analysis
3. Generating of Training Documentation
4. SQL, C#- and ASP.NET
5. Business Continuity Planning and Enforcement of Information Security Policy
6. Developing and Implementing Key Process Metrics
7. Project Management
8. Microsoft Office – Excel and Access
9. Experience with Windows server 2016 environment
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Enterprise Systems Relevant Experience (SAP)
2. NodeRed, NodeJS
3. Redis, Mango DB, influxdb
4. Docker, Git
5. Tableau, Knime
7. CCNA, CCNP
8. C, C++
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.