We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
- Diversity and inclusivity focused
What will you do?
- Ensure that the product of Siemens Drummondville Plant (Switchboards) is designed and manufactured according to customer requirements and designs to manufacture through different 3D software. Guarantees the performance of the product ensuring that the design is according to the drawing against BOM (Steel parts, mounting supports, bus bars)
- MTO Product engineer works in the sphere of manufacturing, overseeing the design of switchboard at the manufacturing site (Drummondville)
- Their main job is to ensure that all Switchboard are designed & manufactured with utmost compliance to customer requirements, according to planned design protocols (design for manufacturing) and using the appropriate available technology (3D CAD software)
- The main responsibility of the product engineer is to make sure the job release to the plant is clean and manufacturable, design what is missing in the BOM compared to the drawing (steel parts, mounting supports or bus bars)
- Review incoming orders to verify all information required to process the order is available
- Prepare detailed drawings, create parts, & manipulate BOMs to meet customer design specifications & according to CSA standards
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in engineering
- At least 6 months (internship experience is allowed)
- AutoCAD, Creo, Inventor or equivalent software knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a team while demonstrating a collaborative mindset and strong priority management skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Proficient with MS-Office applications
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, with ability to maintain focus while interacting with many different internal and external teams
Not required but would be a plus:
- Technical knowledge of low voltage power distribution electrical products
- Experience with Switchgear/Switchboards
- Knowledge of French (spoken and written)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: Santa Catarina, Nuevo Leon
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time