Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Medical Project Manager R&D.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
We are seeking a Medical Project Manager R&D to organize, plan, execute, and manage Value based projects of our premium Ultrasound products with exciting features and innovative new applications. The Project Manager leads a highly cross-functional team with the overall responsibility for all activities related to the new and Legacy products, including the schedule and budget.
This is an opportunity to express your leadership in product development across our global teams. Help us make an impact to our clinicians and patient care with diagnostic outcomes to people across the world using the products that our teams deliver.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Medical Project Manager R&D, you will be responsible for:
· Activity and resource planning for advanced, new, and sustaining development programs. Work closely with all development teams including Software, Hardware, System, Ultrasound Engineers, Acoustic Engineers, Transducer, Product Management, Marketing, OEM Suppliers and Clinical to define, enhance and maintain the currently shipping product lines
· Lead project planning and execution with external Engineering resource providers
· Work closely with manufacture NPI team to organize, manage, and complete all design transfer activities
· Work closely with marketing, regulatory, service, and manufacture team to define, develop and maintain a commercialization plan included in the overall program plan
· Estimate, develop and maintain program budgets
· Ensuring quality and customer satisfaction by following all regulations, standards, and company processes throughout all phases of the program
· Evaluate, analyze, and manage program risks. Work closely with cross-functional team to provide effective mitigations. Provide clear and timely communication to the management team and stake holders on a regular basis
· Monitor program progress and team performance and provide regular reports to management team and stake holders. Organizing and motivating the team to meet the program goals
· Work closely with sustaining team to plan, develop, and release all sustaining changes
· Work with Quality and Regulatory to ensure that all required documentation is completed, approved using change control management in accordance with applicable work instructions
· Support internal and external Quality and Regulatory audits
Required Knowledge/Skills to have for the success of this role
· Project/Program management experience with Software and Hardware within the medical space
· Expert user of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management tools
· Capability to build structures (WBS, reporting, resource planning, budget planning)
· Experience with Bill of Material and Change Control Management
· Experience with Regulatory Compliance and Approvals
· Commercially /contractually aware
· Effective and collaborative English communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Proficient with Microsoft Windows Office tools (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint)
Required Knowledge and Experience
· Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments
· Demonstrates leadership skills in a technical environment
· Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization’s business practices
· Experience with full product development and commercialization cycles
· 5-7 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
· Meticulous attention to details
· Demonstrates quick learning ability
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Management of externally resourced engineering teams
· Working experience with global team is highly desired
· Working experience with medical device manufacturing is highly desired
· Working experience with SAP is highly desired
· Experience with Microsoft TFS
· Knowledge in medical device regulations including ISO 13485 and CFR 820 is a plus
· PMI or equivalent Project Management certification is a plus
· BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas
· MBA preferred
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.