- High responsibility in shaping and driving research activities in the context of industrial connectivity
- Close interaction and cooperation with researchers of many different domains and with all Siemens businesses: Digital Industry, Smart Infrastructure, Mobility, Healthineers, Energy.
- Researching novel connectivity designs, generating intellectual property, and realizing proof-of-concept prototypes, e.g. in the context of German and European funded projects
- Internal and external publication of research results
- Selection and supervision of students and PhD students
- Deep technological expertise in (industrial) communication and networking technologies, novel connectivity approaches, such as satellite networks
- Ph.D in the domain of network communications, preferably with know-how in the area of Non-Terrestarial networking, satellite networks
- Software engineering, testing, and integration experience in (non-)production setups
- Good knowledge of at least one system language (e.g., C, C++, and/or Java) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Very good knowledge of Linux and virtualization technologies
- Very good communication skills (fluent in written and spoken English) and comfortable to operate in teams
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time