The Factory Automation Business Unit has an exciting new opportunity for a product focused Business Development Specialist for Industrial PC’s / AI & Edge Computing, responsible for the Northern USA.
If you have a successful track record of selling complex factory automation products and solutions into strategic accounts, developing and executing detailed business development plans, have excellent communication and presentation skills, have a passion for driving the best end-to-end automation solutions in the market, and being part of a highly dynamic team, we want to talk to you!
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for being a highly effective member of the Factory Automation business development organization working with our TIA sales organization, partners and customers to drive mutual success. The successful candidate will be an outward focused, customer driven, and highly results-oriented business developer. This individual will be joining one of the best business development teams at Siemens!
The overall requirements of the position are:
- This position is an integral part of the Siemens Digital Industries team for the Factory Automation Business Unit. As a product focused Business Development Specialist your ultimate responsibility is to grow Siemens Factory Automation Business for our Industrial PC, PC-based Automation / AI and Edge-Computing product portfolio.
- As a Business Development Specialist, you will be focused on the regional portfolio of key target growth accounts (opportunistic or existing) where you will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies and plans to convert automation business to Siemens.
- You will also be tasked with finding and developing new opportunities/leads for Industrial PC, PC-based Automation / AI and Edge-Computing product and maintain account responsibility through the conversion process
- Part of this role (~25%) is related to Product Marketing activities (in close collaboration with the Factory Automation Marketing Group) focused on developing and launching marketing campaigns and/or targeting specific market-segments for dedicated lead-generation activities for Industrial PC, PC-based Automation / AI and Edge-Computing.
- This position will report to the Factory Automation Business Unit and will report directly to the Product Marketing Development Manager.
- Product specialist with a detailed knowledge of the Factory Automation portfolio (PLC, HMI, SCADA, IIOT and IPC) providing comprehensive assistance in key sales situations.
- He or she must have a strong technical understanding of leading PC technologies, PC-based Automation architectures and requirements as well as an exceptional knowledge of markets, trends, application/product requirements, competitive landscapes and customer decision processes for Industrials PC’s.
- Applies acquired process, application, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends (IIOT, Edge-Computing, AI/ML applications and use-cases), best practices, performance, price and functionality to define the future automation strategy for specific strategic accounts.
- Works with account managers and channel partners at identified accounts to drive conversion and allow Siemens Factory Automation product to be approved for use. Drives Factory Automation focused mindshare with the sales team, channel & partner eco-system and vertical sales team.
- Provides technical product presentations and consultation for the development and implementation of customer solutions or standards.
- Manages opportunity pipeline in Siemens CRM system and provides monthly operating report.
- Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Provides one-on-one support and assist customers through applications from concept through completion.
- Applies excellent speaking and presentation skills to promote Factory Automation products and solutions.
- Effectively develops relationships and influences key decision-makers within an account including at the executive management levels.
- Defines and develops marketing / lead-generation campaigns for dedicated applications / use-cases or for the broader portfolio
- Works in a team environment with other FA field and support resources (application engineers, marketing, etc.) to convert large opportunities in the market.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Excellent relationship building and communication skills along with a deep understanding of factory automation systems (PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, IIOT, Industrial Computers, Fieldbus Networks, and Industrial Software), and a superb ability to present them in a small or large group settings.
Task oriented with exceptional time management skills.
Team player and have the ability to work in a highly matrixed organization.
Self-motivated and proactive in order to keep a focus on driving account plans to ultimately close orders and grow business. The skills, experience, and education required are:
- Measurable track record of success in external sales/business development
- Ability to excel within a developmental top-down, solution selling model
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- 3 or more years of consultative sales experience, with proven sales results
- Organization skills to manage schedule and travel
- Computer proficiency - knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must have had a minimum of 5 years sales/marketing experience and knowledge of PLC, HMI, IPC, SCADA, IIOT and networking architectures
- Highly technology driven, knowledgeable and familiar with market trends (Virtualization, Edge Computing, IIOT, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big-Data, Cloud Computing and Analytics)
- Apply knowledge of major markets in the region and its customers to develop target account list
- Experience collaborating with distribution preferred
- Education: BS/BA Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The key attributes we are looking for in this position, but not required to be considered for this position are:
- Worked 5+ years in factory automation business development
- Have excellent knowledge of the Siemens Automation products
- Has strong knowledge of competitive products
- Excellent understanding of “Smart Manufacturing” and how new technologies are applied
- Familiarity with regional markets and customers
- Willing to travel 50-70% within the assigned region (Northern USA)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.