Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- Assure that projects are designed in accordance with the contract requirements (Mechanical drawings, Electrical Drawings, Mechanical Specifications, Sales estimates), and ensure the goals established for the project are achieved and the process polices for the Project Execution are followed.
- Choose the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution.
- Prepare submittals and schedules; handle the ordering of products and equipment.
- Participate in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Design building automation systems and create unique design solutions to meet the customer’s requirements. Prepare design documents, including mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bills of materials, sequences of operations, valve and damper schedules, and DDC panel layouts.
- Design building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through Modbus, Ethernet, Tridium, Siemens P2, or BACNET. Analyze plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Understand requirements and design building automation solutions for higher education and K–12 education facilities, pharmaceutical facilities, high-rise buildings, office spaces, and lab facilities. Design building and space pressurization solutions, chiller and boiler plant sequencing control, etc.
- Generate the DDC point database on all projects.
- Prepare engineering re-estimates and follow up with appropriate sales and management to ensure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepare specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers; select proper types and sizes of company products and those from outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Prepare information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/subcontractor.
- Perform quality assurance; peer-review engineering documents.
- Mentor, train, and direct the design activities of the engineering team.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Engineering, Electronics, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of building automation design experience.
- ASHRE, LEED certifications are a plus.
- Ability to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, and practices.
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in French
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, CAD Training, or other engineering design software application.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu 2020 and/or Adobe Pro are a plus.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Canada.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.