Senior Systems Engineer
Do you want to work for the market leading technology company in factory automation and digitalization? Siemens Digital Industries is looking for a new colleague in Stavanger. Siemens is rapidly developing partnerships with industries to help them to de-carbonize and digitalize their businesses. Siemens offers the full technology stack based on open standards to do so both in traditional and new industries such as battery factories.
Did you know that our team in Stavanger is already engaged in developing total OT/IT systems architectures for new battery factories? Join us to shape the future of automation bringing Industry 4.0 to life!
Responsible for driving the specification and realization of systems architecture that fulfills requirements and business goals.
- Customer interaction to understand and align goals and expectations.
- Validate customer needs and convert this into required functionality.
- Evaluate different concepts and with a holistic approach select from available technology, applicable standards, life cycle cost, commercial aspects, and risks.
- Discuss technical concept with internal or external domain experts in areas such as: Industrial network, simulation, virtualization, data collection, data analysis, automation, project management.
- Experience with data collection through different protocols such as OPC UA, S7, MQTT, SQL
- Prove design feasibility and required functionality (simulation, prototype, review, ...)
- Specify, integrate, and coordinate the interfaces and interaction.
- Elaborate the technical requirements for third party suppliers.
- Prepare and present identified improvement ideas valuable for the customer.
- Provide cost and effort estimates.
- Deploy software and components from the Siemens Digital Industries portfolio (TiA, WinCC etc.).
- Interest for virutalization is a plus
- Programming and implementation of IIoT applications (MindSphere)
Education and experience:
We are looking for a senior engineer who has a detailed system understanding and technical knowledge such as:
- Master's degree in cybernetics, data science or similar (relevant experience may compensate for formal education).
- Experience with PLC, HMI, and SCADA programming.
- Know-how in industry process, automation, mechatronics and/or robotization.
- Knowledge of or desire to learn plant simulation and modeling of production lines.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and WEB development is an advantage.
As a person you should be curious and eager to learn (Growth Mindset). You should be service minded, and sales oriented with good communication skills. As you are a part of a team, you should be a good team player and be motivated by challenges. As our System Architect you should be structured with attention to detail, proactive and self-driven.
A challenging and exiting work environment where you can influence shape your own working day. With seven locations of Siemens DI Customers Services in Norway and a huge world-wide Siemens network of expertise. Siemens offers excellent possibilities to develop and learn new skills, career opportunities and of course market competitive compensation & benefits.
At Siemens, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone can bring their whole self to work. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation where necessary.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We use background check routines in all our recruitment processes.
Contact: Team Lead Stavanger: Roy Melberg: +47-95555604
Location: Norway, Your nearest Siemens office
Application deadline: 04.12.2022, applications will be evaluated consecutively
With more than 300 000 colleagues in more than 190 countries Siemens helps solving the challenges of today and tomorrow by electrification, automation, and digitalization. Siemens is a leading company in development of solutions for decarbonization of our economy and digitalization of our industries. The Norwegian branch of Siemens has almost 550 employees divided over 12 locations and has a yearly revenue of about 2 billion NOK.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time