We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Commercial Manager as part of Siemens ‘Control Systems’ delivery unit.
You will be responsible for providing a dedicated and professional pre and post contract commercial management service to this growing team. Delivering Siemens technology and products across the railway.
This is not a traditional construction role. You will be exposed to delivering innovative products, software, technology and play a part in modernising and digitalising the railway.
This is a hybrid/remote role with an expectation to travel /commute to other offices nationally when required.
These are your responsibilities
- Build relationships and collaborate with key internal functions and with appropriate levels within the client project organisation
- Be responsible for contract administration of assigned contracts
- Be responsible for commercial management of various work packages as directed
- Provide support and advice to the project management teams on matters such as contract compliance, contract awareness, contract change management, claims, variations, legal and financial matters, liaising where necessary with other specialist advisors within the Siemens’ organisation
- Commercially manage throughout the project lifecycle to ensure business and client expectations are met and exceeded
- Be responsible for accurate cost and value reporting (CVR) to both client and business needs in accordance with relevant processes
- Commercial risk management
- Ensure contractual notices are issued in accordance with contractual timeframes
- Prepare and estimate contract changes / variations
- Ensure all commercial processes and document control follow the appropriate company standards and governance
- Maintain auditable records in accordance with target cost contract requirement
What do you need to qualify for this role
- Be dynamic, personable, organised and dedicated
- Degree qualified or equivalent with demonstrable commercial management experience
- Strong track record in a high-volume post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry eg. rail, aerospace, defence, construction, IT etc
- Experience delivering under NEC4 / 3 and Network Rail Contracts (desirable)
- Experience delivering under ‘Target Cost’ Contracts
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to improve the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts
- Good customer facing skills, as well as experience of being actively involved as a team member in high complexity projects
- Understanding of the technical, contractual, and financial requirements of the commercial management role and their inter-relationship
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at senior levels
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment
- Experience of working in a matrix and project environment
- Someone who is financially and commercially savvy
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time