“Are you passionate about modernizing and streamlining software and firmware build processes?”
The DevOps software engineer supports various project teams and differing development methodologies by providing a variety of services which are required for the generation of software and firmware. DevOps team members are responsible for generating reproducible development and release builds. Team members are responsible for creating, maintaining, and operating DevOps infrastructure and tools. Members must also support product development by teaching and adhering to Configuration Management best practices and defined processes. The DevOps Software Engineer reports to an Engineering Manager.
- Generate software or firmware utilizing either automated or manual build processes (via scripts and pipelines)
- Maintain and improve automated build infrastructure for software or firmware release trains
- Ensure that build artifacts can be regenerated
- Maintain version management schemes according to company requirements for each product build
- Identify and apply upgrades or improvements to existing DevOps processes and infrastructure
- Produce and publish project relevant information with each software generation
- Archive of source and project related documents for released software
- Interface with the product manager, development team leads and members to maintain a backlog of project tasks and plan for upcoming projects and releases
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: BS degree in Management Information Systems, computer engineering, or computer science; MS degree is a plus
- 0-2 years of experience in DevOps, Configuration Management, or software development
- An understanding of DevOps best practices and principles
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills with colleagues at all levels
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience collaborating in Scrum and working with teams employing Agile methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple software releases in multiple environments concurrently
- Familiarity with product development processes and overall product lifecycle
- Experience implementing and maintaining scripts (Batch, Perl, PowerShell, Bash)
- Creating or customizing automated build environments and pipelines
- Familiarity with the following:
- Use of git
- Software archiving
- ESXi and VMWare
- Binary management
- CI/CD processes
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.