Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- Business partner to assigned Operations Managers and Project Managers
- Support in project milestone billings plan, cost planning, and forecast preparation; tracking of actual versus planned project costs and updating of project templates monthly.
- Analyze and track the financial results according to set targets and make sure that it is managed with due professional care and optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow and assets and financing instruments.
- Reviews and approves all commercial documentation associated with the project.
- Ensure to implementation and usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. revenue recognition method, process, procurement guidelines, IT systems: SAP).
- Ensures compliance with Siemens-FRG plus the local Gaap requirements. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities.
- Supports the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities – taking over the full responsibility in this regard with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Tracks and analyzes Non-Conformance Costs and takes appropriate measures to reduce and avoid them
- Direct support in both bid management as well as customer/vendor claim management, including creation of supporting documentation (ie. Contractual review) and negotiations.
- During execution of the project, support the Project team to deliver the commercial and contractual performance of the contract, and also supports the development and negotiation of the commercial framework for the subsequent detailed project.
- Together with the PM proactively setting up a contract and claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
- Calculates prices for quotations of change orders and claims
- Drive and perform monthly project reviews (PPR) jointly with the Project Managers
- General Ledger (GL account) control and responsibility, including Profit Center, Cost Center structure and General Ledger Accounts
- Ensure EBA Approvals are complete as per the company Signature Authority regulations
- Arranges currency hedges and insurance coverage, if required
- Ensures customer payments are guaranteed and, if necessary, financed
- Develops and updates operational procedures as per SOA requirements and Key Controls
- Establish and maintain financial processes in accordance with Risk and Internal Control, such as process for commercial project management.
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance policies, procedures, accounting standards, compliance requirements, quality milestones, and internal controls
- Leads commercial project team members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity.
- Prepare and present project commercial data for financial audit purposes
- Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and manages solving of commercial issues.
- Drive digitalization in Finance, including the introduction of new tools and models to automate financial reporting and other day-to-day activities.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in a project accounting function.
- Sound knowledge of commercial and controlling topics
- Experience with forecasting, reporting, and analysis project accounting
- Experience in a project-structured environment a strong asset
- High proficiency in SAP and MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience with automation tools (PowerBI, Tableau) an asset
- Strong aptitude in utilizing Business Intelligence tools (eg. SAP Cloud Analytics, Qlik Sense) and/or other IT tools/databases to analyze/interpret large amounts of data from different sources.
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) mindset; demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to streamline and optimize existing processes in data collection, consolidation and reporting.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, and dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills combined, with a proactive and hands-on approach
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate openly and effectively on all levels across the team, internally and externally
- Motivated and curious with continuous strive to develop
- Strong personal commitment, sense of responsibility and duty
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.