We develop networks that supply our cities with light and heat intelligently and we know our way around automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skills, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- In your new role as a senior research scientist in embedded security testing you perform security assessments of Siemens embedded / industrial IoT products and bring your offensive perspective into the design of such systems
- You manage projects and funded research activities and develop new technologies and methods in the fields of embedded security and embedded hacking
- You apply R&D results in projects with Siemens business units and develop pilots for proof-of-concept purposes
- You drive cooperation with national and international partners, both internally and at universities and research institutions
- You provide technical consulting to Siemens business units on embedded security topics
- You actively share your know-how within our team and supervise interns and working students
- You have successfully completed your PhD or master's degree with equivalent experience in cyber security, computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or physics
- Besides, you already gained 5+ years of professional and project management experience in the field of cyber security
- You have a solid understanding of state-of the-art cyber security concepts and extensive expertise in penetration testing, embedded hacking, and binary analysis
- Experience in embedded software programming and knowledge in Linux OS and industrial communication protocols are a plus
- In addition, you have professional experience in applied research and in the transfer of R&D results into prototypes and customer offers
- You distinguish yourself by an innovative mindset, openness to address new topics, very good communication skills, strong customer orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and a team-player mindset
- Your English and preferably German language skills are business ﬂuent
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Location-dependent childcare services to combine family and career
- Barrier-free locations
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time