This role supports the Opportunity to Delivery function within the Services Siemens DI SW Organization. This role will apply the NextGen Services Automation understanding with specific knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of sophisticated and multifaceted tasks. The role will typically operate under supervision, however, will perform their tasks independently in the areas of opportunity management, project administration, process and tools, global policies, pricing agreements, services forecasting and tracking.
As part of the Operations Services group, you will be working with Project Managers, Program Manager, vendors and customers to ensure financial contracts are optimally handled. You will be working with different departments; this is a growth position for the team member to take on a broader technical or management or commercial responsibilities as they progress in their career. With its global footprint in multiple Industry segments, Siemens offers a wealth of limitless possibilities for professional growth.
- Build Services Opportunity for Transactional Projects and Change Orders
- Build/Update Margin Estimation Worksheet and upload to Financial Force
- Update Booked Orders Forecast
- Update Revenue Pipeline Forecast
- Build SOW/LSDA for Transactional Business
- Coordinate/Initiate Approval Workflows
- Run Opportunity Status for Transactional Business
- Build PSA Delivery Project
- Common tasks For Non-Transactional and Transactional Projects:
- Validate Opportunity/Service Estimate with Approved SOW
- Initiate Budget Approval Workflow
- Assign PM to Project
- Identify and assign Customer in SAP
- Confirm/Control Project Financials
- Prepare Billing & Revenue Recognition
- Final Review of Project Financials before Closure
- Mark Project Status to “Closed” to Financially Close Project after All Financials Finalized
- Manage Purchases (PR) in SAP
- Review and approve External Invoice
- Transactional Project Specific Tasks:
- Set Resource Request to “Ready to Staff”
- Communicate Resource Assignment to Customer
- Manage Contract Structure
- Verify Hours delivered - Time Approval
- Manage Project Financials
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practices
- Sophisticated analysis of policy, workflows, process and system tools and transactions to facilitate timely and accurate transactions that align with prevailing policy and process guidelines
- Transactional processing of SOW and/or proposal activities in adherence with prescribed policy and processes
- Reporting/forecast process; training/knowledge transfer to internal/external; process improvement engagement as an active participant
- University degree level standard or relevant extended industrial significant experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an Opportunity to Delivery role
- Experience achieved in a Multi-National company environment
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires supervisory instructions only on new assignments
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is critical for international sites.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Normal office environment. Often requested to work long hours at quarter-end, at times of key project roll out periods or in the Management support or back-up roles.
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life insurance covered by Siemens
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens
- 401K matching
- Flexible personal time off, including paid volunteer time off.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.