Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens is seeking an energetic Senior Administrative Assistant to support the business functions within the Des Moines branch. This position works with various teams to provide the knowledge, resources, and tools that help Siemens deliver exceptional quality service! to our clients and supports the Des Moines, Omaha, and Cedar Rapids markets’ growth and profitability. There are three primary areas of focus:
- Administrative Assistance: Provide exceptional administrative assistance to the team by direction of the General Manager.
- Office Management: Ensure smooth operation of the day-to-day activities of the office, working with outside vendors or internal projects.
- Culture Ambassador: Take initiative to guard and promote our ownership culture by encouraging a trusting, respectful, and friendly atmosphere.
On a regular basis you will be solving IT problems, organizing events, and promoting office initiatives all while helping to make Siemens an employer of choice. This role is primarily out of the Johnston, IA office, but may require occasional travel to the Omaha and Cedar Rapids office locations.
- Coordinating team events and / or meetings
- Entering data into SAP
- Coordinating fleet vehicles
- On-boarding new employees and processing employee resignations / terminations
- Acting as the point of contact for third parties such as property manager, office suppliers, insurance brokers, bankers, accountant, etc
- Managing office budget while ensuring office supplies are stocked
- Ordering new / replacement office equipment such as computers, desks, chairs, etc
- Keeping tabs on the overall pulse of the office environment and planning fun internal office activities (birthdays, Family Day, welcome lunches, etc)
- Marketing and event support, acting as the local business relations liaison, and assisting with training and recruitment. Will also manage and coordinate projects as assigned
- Identifying cost reduction activities
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Administrative experience supporting teams; 5+ years preferred
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with administrative software: Microsoft Publisher, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.