Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
Role and responsibility primarily includes design and development of HVDC Substation layouts & interdisciplinary coordination that mainly includes:
• Responsible for primary conceptual design on transmission substations.
• Responsible for the design of substation layouts and cross sections (3D & 2D).
• Calculates loading and short circuit values of primary plant.
• Production of Engineering Technical Specifications.
• Production of Primary Engineering documents – busbar and clamp schedules, earthing layouts, Lightening Protection, structure loading drawings & installation drawings.
• Interface with the various department(Civil, Mech, Elec) to ensure full scope of work is covered.
• Ensures consistency by attending design reviews and adhering to design specifications.
• Ensuring consistency with the Engineering Department’s procedures.
• Attends site meetings to discuss and advise on site related issues.
• Attends appropriate technical meetings with the client either site or office based to ensure visual client satisfaction.
• Overall responsibility for the Technical evaluation of the offers of subcontractors. Support the commercial evaluation in the context of purchasing. Technical support during the search for the most suitable technical solution and qualified subcontractors
• Internal project supervision (timelines, costs, quality)
• Preparation and active participation of technical decisions in arrangement with the project manager and technical project manager
• Regular sub project reports, regular meetings with regards to project progress, constant monitoring project milestones
• Identification and evaluation of project-oriented risks and opportunities. Working out suggestions to minimize possible risks, recognizing benefits and opportunities
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Graduate or Post Graduate in Electrical with min experience of 7-10 Years of experience in Primary design for HVDC substations.
• Possess good interpersonal and Communication skills and the ability to work in inter disciplinary teams.
• Hands on experience in Autodesk tools- Inventor, Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks.
• Solid Understanding of HVDC and/or FACTS technologies
• Deep Knowledge about and Experience with Testing Techniques of HV components
• Extensive Experience in understanding and managing complex customer specifications
• Deep Knowledge of applicable norms and standards IEC, IEEE
• Extensive Experience in tendering or execution of large turnkey projects and international projects.
• Complete English fluency in business Communication with international stakeholders
• Expert level Communication skills for clarifying requirements/solutions and resolving misunderstandings
• Pronounced proactive mindset and approach to serve colleagues, internal and external customers
• Mindset of growth and service to support colleagues and always think win-win
• Extraordinary Intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural team
• Pronounced Time management and Prioritization Skills
• Deep understanding the importance of techno-commercial design optimization and the mutual influence of technical and commercial aspects.
• Proactivity in digging deep into techno-commercial topics, also considering surrounding interface requirements.
• Pronounced Quality Focus
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.