The Payroll Administrator is responsible for proactive collaboration with customer and key internal business partners. This role requires some independent thinking and actions in handling the payroll processing. They must be flexible to pay any payroll, understand the pay practices of the payroll. Requires working knowledge of the union contracts and specific pay policies of the organizations being paid. Knowledge of state legal requirements, pay regulations and overtime compliance. Ability to accurately process tax adjustments, W-2s, W-2cs. Provide Tier 2 support to the Shared Services team for complex payroll transactions.
This position is responsible for the processing of standard and specialized payrolls for the multiple Siemens Operating Companies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain appropriate payroll records and data for the calculation of payroll for multiple entities
- Processes standard and complex payroll transactions including but not limited to retro calculations, review of retro results, resolve errors , calculation of regular, supplemental runs and quick pays
- Assist with Payroll Escalations for missing pay
- Provide Tier 2 support for complex payroll transactions and close cases meeting the SLAs
- Apply documented rules, past practices, or instructions on an independent level
- Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to resolve
- Use CAPA-s in evaluating issues and assist in developing corrective actions
- Respond to standard and semi-complex payroll related inquiries from customers or employees
- Assist in the review of current payroll processes to identify areas of process improvements and standardization
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of various payroll reports and record audits to customers and management
- Provide high level of customer support and ensure positive customer interactions
- Work in a team environment coordinating with other team members in the processing of payroll
- Maintain compliance with all payroll related regulatory and Siemens requirements including effective internal controls
Required Knowledge/Skills Education and Experience:
- Associates degree required or other education with equivalent work experience will be considered
- Proven proficiency in understanding payroll regulations, laws and processes
- CPP/FPC certification
- 4+ years of experience in payroll related responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of payroll knowledge and principles
• Working knowledge of the union contracts and specific pay policies
• Solid computer, organizational, analytical, research and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of payroll processing within a shared services environment
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in investigating and resolving standard and some complex customer payroll issues
• Complete self-initiated training necessary to remain current on payroll practices relevant to the Siemens Operating Company supported
• Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud or ERP systems highly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility, and a willingness to learn new things.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
* Competitive compensation based on qualifications
* Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
* Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
* Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
* Career development opportunities
* Ability to work remote
* Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
* Paid parental leave
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.