We seek to hire a self-starting Commodity Manager for our Traction Drives business in Alpharetta, GA.
Come and be a part of the innovation that delivers 40% of the world's cargo using 75% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than trucks - Rail! In this role, you will drive strategic sourcing and implement commodity strategies to ensure a long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials. You will also work closely with Engineering and Research & Development in a high-tech industry to support New Product Introductions and strategic vendor management to keep our business running at top speed.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Implement procurement strategies based on conducted demand, market, and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient, and reliable on-time supply of materials of the required quality.
- Conduct negotiations to acquire the best value with the support of Category Management from inter-connected Business Units
- Monitor global markets to build a basis for deciding the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperate with the top suppliers
- Implement and ensure the usage of globally defined methods, processes, and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance
- Generate, document, and implement savings while monitoring and reporting on relevant metrics to contribute to the success of the business
- Support Supplier Management processes (qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification) and update evaluation systems to acquire and develop top suppliers and ensure transparency and high procurement quality
- Systematically forward all relevant procurement-related project information (updated contractual conditions, supplier management data) to advise all project participants of any changes
- Give support with reporting and data analytics (procurement volume, cost savings, actual vs. forecast) and data maintenance (R4B, ESN codes, monopoly codes)
- Bachelor's degree Required - Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering preferred.
- 2-3 years of Supply Chain, Procurement, Purchasing, Operations, Project Management, or Finance experience.
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint knowledge required. High to advanced Excel skills required.
- SAP experience required.
- Sheet metal and copper parts commodities experience preferred but not required.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We apply lean principles and continually improve our processes and customers' experience.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.