Siemens Mobility provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. Siemens' designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches and high speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on Siemens to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
The company consists of various Business Units (Rolling Stock, Rail Infrastructure, and Customer Service) within the US and Canada.
For our group, we are looking for an Accounts receivable collections and processes analyst. The collection position is a role in our CF R NAM Accounting Organization.
The candidate selected for this position will collaborate with all functions within our department, working closely with our AR team, credit group, and with SMO businesses on collection topics as well as customer processes and analytics. The primary responsibilities include collect on assigned accounts, support and lead Business Unit AR reviews as needed, work with collection team on continuing training as it relates to collection and new collection tools. Perform other related assigned tasks and duties vital to support the businesses. A successful candidate will take ownership of their accounts, collaboratively resolve issues with the customers and business unit, apply proven collection fundamentals, be open to new or innovative ways, and adapt to a dynamically changing portfolio to achieve results.
- Conduct calls and email correspondence in a fast-paced, goal-oriented department.
- Prioritize efforts to address customer accounts proactively and accurately
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, perform customer account reconciliations, resolve customer discrepancies, and understand/communicate root cause of disputes.
- Coordinate with customers and AR team to ensure accurate and timely payment allocations
- Communicate and securely handle bank account, credit card and customer information
- Support various reporting & account payment analysis.
- Work closely with Credit Team to build and maintain customer’s credit limit.
- Accountable for reducing aged balances by analyzing customer’s payment behavior and implementing on-time payments.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the team.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Communicate & follow up optimally with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Build and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with internal & external customers.
- 3+ years high volume corporate Collections experience.
- Strong TEAM skills
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Goal orientation with diligent follow-up
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication for internal and external customer-facing
- Interpersonal skills for relationship building and influencing
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities
BS/BA in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Some travel may be required
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.