WE ARE SIEMENS
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation, and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U)
The DevOps Software Engineer is a member of the Pipeline Operation Team and works closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development life cycle. The ideal candidate is a leader of operations and processes improvements activities (including analyzing, planning, and executing) and brings knowledge, skills, and experience to guide the team on good operations practices and make sure all processes run smoothly and predictably.
They will bring a Growth Mindset and a keen interest in Development Operations, working closely with Software Development Engineers to automate and streamline processes to enable feedback to developers from Continuous Integration, Deployment and Delivery pipelines.
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens DISW Pipeline Operations: With your new Pipeline Operations teams, you will monitor systems responsible for FLOEFD build and test in a CI/CD environment, report breakages or system outages to the infrastructure team, report build failures to the appropriate development teams. In aid of the above tasks, you will build improvements to system monitoring and build pipelines.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
• Monitoring systems responsible for build and test of the FLOEFD product
• Report breakages to Infrastructure team for resolution
• Communicate with developers through the organization to resolve build failures
• Meet regularly with the Pipeline operations team to share knowledge to improve processes
• Support other members in the Pipeline Operations team by cross-training in their work and training them in the FLOEFD pipeline
• Attend meetings with the FLOEFD development team as necessary to report on progress (daily standup/sprint plannings/retrospectives)
• Compile documentation of common situations requiring manual intervention with the possibility of further automation and simplification
• Support day to day production operations
• Support release deployments
• Enhance and improve the current process
What do you need to realize what matters?
• Initiative, self-driven, constantly seeking for improvements
• Ability to work within a team and sole project work
• 1 year experience with CI/CD pipelines, prefer Jenkins
• 1 year experience with Git as SCM
• 1 year experience with Python
Preferred tools knowledge
• Experience with Perl
• Experience with MSBuild
• Exposure to the Atlassian tools of BitBucket, Jira, and Confluence
• Experience with Smart Bear
• Experience with Batch scripting
What we offer?
- Meal tickets
- Christmas, Easter, and summer monetary bonus
- 13th month salary
- Medical packages for employee, spouse and children
- Complex sports package with limitless access for the employee
- Private pension
- Annual eyewear compensation
- Tickets reimbursement for opera, philharmonic, or theater for the employee +1
- 2 ski passes/month for local resorts in the winter season
- Increasing number of vacation day based on seniority
- 2 sick leave days per semester for medical unavailability (4 days per semester for parents of small children)
- Compensation for bank holidays which fall on a weekend
- Trainings, conferences, and other educational events access
- Internal training platform
- Kit for working from home (desk, chair etc.)
- Gifts for employees and/or children for Easter, June 1st, Christmas etc.
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
#Siemens Software #Create a better tomorrow with us
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time