Job Description: Lead of Digital Enterprise Hub India
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
The Mobility IT Digital Enterprise department drives the digital revolution within Siemens Mobility. It provides the Engineering environments, their Interfaces as well as a wide variety of highly sophisticated tools to our business. In a fast-changing digital world, we support our businesses in the implementation and integration of new technologies into our IT ecosystem.
- In your new role as Head of Digital Enterprise Department in our IT Hub you will be part of the Global Siemens Mobility IT extended Management Team.
- You will be responsible for the provision and maintance of globally used Engineering system, their interfaces as well as different Web Applications.
- You will manage technically diverse teams in India with a size of 30+ colleagues which includes managers, engineers, developers, and operators.
- You will lead and organize the team in India with people responsibility, ensuring employee utilization and all cultural and motivational aspects in the context of their global roles.
- You will be involved in growing our team, will hire new candidates and ensure that they get onboarded and trained effectively.
- You will be responsible for career development and global integration for your team members.
- You will collaborate intensively within the global Digital Enterprise team as well as with the business, along with external partners and also within the whole IT organisation globally to deliver expectations and priorities of our business.
- You will participate and deliver in global PLM transformation activities.
What do I bring with me?
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or Business Administration.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills on senior management and expert level, together with profound experience in collaborating with European based Management.
- Very good intercultural skills, with a clear focus on India and Germany collaboration.
- Very good people management skills, minimum 8 years of team management experience.
- Very good service management skills (ITIL V4 certification preferred), with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Several years of Project Management for global projects are of advantage.
- You know how to drive continuous service improvements within mature IT environments, and how to manage external service providers.
- You have played a relevant role in complex migration and upgradation projects.
- Broad knowledge on Engineering Systems (e.g. electrical and mechanical CAD) and PLM tools and processes is required.
- Good knowledge on Teamcenter is preferred.
- Good knowledge on Requirement Engineering, Web Applications and Low-/No-Code is of advantage. Polarion and Mendix know-how would be perfect.
- Flexibility to work with people in different time zones, e.g., Europe.
- Excellent English skills (minimum C2) are required, German is advantageous.
- Willingness to travel from time to time globally (e.g., Germany).
- You have a Growth Mindset, and you can drive changes, which fit to our strategy, reflect our business needs, and contribute to our company goals.
- When you are highly initiative-taking and able to think in a customer-oriented, then you are welcome to join us in our team!
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time