We have an exciting opportunity for you to apply for Level 2 Technical Support Engineer for the East Coast Mainline (ECML) project in the York Railway Operating Centre (York ROC).
East Coast Digital Programme (ECDP) is a transformation project delivering benefits to passengers through the introduction of digital technologies, that aims to migrate the East Coast mainline to a European Train Control System (ETCS) fitted railway.
The programme mission is to 'Create the next generation railway'. This is manifest in both what the programme is creating in terms of next generation operations and technology, and in equal importance, how the programme is doing this as a pioneering new way of industry collaboration and change. Siemens as the Train Control Partner (TCP) for the programme, are responsible for the delivery of all infrastructure and prescribed maintenance works.
You will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the Siemens ETCS and informing the network maintenance teams of potential service affecting issues or equipment failures. You will provide appropriate ETCS technical guidance on TCP Installed Equipment, backed up with competent TCP Level 3 and Level 4 on call staff.
You will work closely with our Maintenance, Spares, Training Development and Competency, Obsolescence and Configuration Managers for ECML in ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service.
The role will require development, implementation and continuous improvement of key processes and procedures, delivery strategic goals and targets, effective resource management, coordination of internal and external stakeholders, as well as developing customer and industry partner relationships.
This is your role
- Monitor information arising from remote condition monitoring equipment liaising as required with Controls, Section Managers and Engineers on fault analysis and response. Prioritise entry into fault management systems
- Provide appropriate technical guidance on installed equipment
- Act as the person responsible for interfacing the rail maintainers in terms of maintenance support, provide reports, advice, and technical assistance in the event of any ETCS related incident on the network
- Undertake and direct work activities in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with all relevant standards
- Support fault investigations and root-cause analysis as required
- Work with the rail maintainers during resolution of lineside incidents to remotely guide and support faulting teams, taking advantage of remote connectivity and diagnosis tools, for the new RBC & GSM-R systems and the precise location of TCP spare parts as required
- Assist in carrying out fault rectification when required by the rail maintainers in accordance with Network Rail operating procedures
- Provide input to the rail maintainers for optimising maintenance tasks based on ongoing analysis and checking of inspection results and deciding on appropriate actions
- Responsible for the cybersecurity integrity of the ETCS supplied system
- Analysis of failure history and repeat failure trend analysis
- Actively monitor day to day TCP performance, Service levels & KPI’s as part of the maintenance governance procedures
- Work collaboratively with Telecoms & On-Board suppliers to deliver a world class ETCS service provision for relevant ECDP stakeholders
What do you need to qualify for this role
- Knowledge of railway and train control systems, technologies or other related safety critical systems
- Good understanding of signalling principles
- Appreciation of installation, commissioning and testing, fault finding and maintenance of complex systems
- Attention to detail and the advanced ability to undertaking problem solving to root causes of complex system failures
- Experience of organising and controlling the safe and efficient delivery of work
- Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise directly with clients
- Knowledge of ETCS Level 2 trainborne and trackside systems
- On Train networks (Ethernet, ProfiNet, MVB, CAN)
- Experience in GSM-R / computer-based diagnostics / QATS
- XML, scripting languages
- Appreciation of Stoke NMC & Didcot, monitoring of assets containing both signalling & Telecoms infrastructure
- Hold, or be working towards an IRSE license
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time