Are you interested in opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your skills in computer science for application to distributed and decentralized systems? Are you also passionate about building innovative and scalable Cloud, Serverless, IoT and Edge applications and platforms? Join our research group to explore how to apply these technologies and knowledge to new era of Digitalization, Internet of Things, Blockchain Applications, Industry 4.0 and Smart Infrastructure.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate adoption of autonomous and intelligent systems. Research new technologies and ideas in decentralized software architectures.
This is your role. What part will you play?
You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Architecture: Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers as well as business units in area of Edge Computing, IoT and Mobile Services. Apply your specialized knowhow to empower software applications with maximum reliability and performance.
- Research: Contribute towards research and development of an overall IoT and Edge ecosystems. Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world. Author and contribute to publications such as whitepapers, journal or conference articles, and invention.
- Hands-On: Work hands-on on bringing to life IoT and Edge architectures and applications.
- Trainings: Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst regarding IoT architectures and conduct training sessions for development teams to transfer knowledge within Siemens’ developer and architect community.
- Customer Centricity: Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions to develop highly reliable and performant decentralized and distributed systems from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens’ business problems globally.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Have excellent understanding of technologies including hardware devices, microcontrollers, and communication (physical as well as application layer) protocols used for automation, IoT and Edge (LoRa, NBIoT, Bluetooth and BLE, MQTT/AMQP, CoAP, OPC U/A, etc.)
- Keen interest and solid understanding in distributed computing with a good understanding of software engineering methodologies.
- You specifically have the following skills to make a difference to this role:
- Good working experience and strong understanding of cloud computing (with at least one public cloud provider) and cloud native development methods like microservices architectures and associated patterns.
- Knowledge of modern DevOps methods and tooling.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, etc.
- Experience in designing and developing end to end solution including cloud backend for IoT and Edge applications.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with one or more IoT platforms like AWS IoT, Azure IoT, Eclipse IoT, or other specialized IoT platforms.
- Other skills for this role that could be a great plus are as follows:
- Skills in writing embedded or kernel modules for devices and OS.
- In-depth understanding of one or more of these technologies:
(a) Blockchain technologies e.g., Ethereum, Hyperledger, Big Chain DB
(b) IoT technology stacks and protocols including edge technologies
(c) AI technologies with applications to distributed systems
- Knowledge of a machine learning packages like SciKit Learn, NLTK, R or high-performance computing frameworks like OpenMP, CUDA.
- Knowledge of communication and big data frameworks like Kafka, Storm, Protobuf, AMQP
Domain expertise that could be a further plus:
• Expertise in at least one of the domains such as IoT Platforms Development, Industrial Automation, Autonomous Driving, Additive Manufacturing will be a big plus.
• You have excellent communication and presentation skills
• While you are self-motivated and capable of working independently, you are also comfortable working teams and provide technical leadership.
- Ph.D in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 5+ years, OR
- Masters (M.TECH/M.S.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 8+ years, OR
- Bachelors (B.TECH/B.E.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 10+ years
- Technical papers at prestigious conferences or journals and filled patent applications would be a plus.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination to help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time