We are currently recruiting for Software and Configuration Manager to join us in Siemens Mobility Customer Services team in Chippenham, Wiltshire for the East Coast Mainline (ECML) project.
East Coast Digital Programme (ECDP) is a transformation project delivering benefits to passengers through the introduction of digital technologies, that aims to migrate the East Coast mainline to a European Train Control System (ETCS) fitted railway.
The programme mission is to 'Create the next generation railway'. This is manifest in both what the programme is creating in terms of next generation operations and technology, and in equal importance, how the programme is doing this as a pioneering new way of industry collaboration and change. Siemens as the Train Control Partner (TCP) for the programme, are responsible for the delivery of all infrastructure and prescribed maintenance works.
You will work collaboratively with other ETCS system stakeholders to provide the technical support required to manage and coordinate all software and configuration management/updates for all different elements of the ETCS System of Systems (SoS).
The role location will be initially based in Chippenham, Birmingham or Derby however flexible working will be considered. The initial period is likely to be up to two years after which the location will be dependent upon contractual requirements and business needs but is likely to be located at fixed maintenance facility on the ECML infrastructure.
This is your role
- Working collaboratively with other system stakeholders to provide the technical support required to manage and coordinate all software and configuration management/updates for all the different system elements
- Responsible for the cyber security integrity
- Management and maintenance of an up-to-date configuration database
- Working collaboratively with Train & Freight Operating Companies (TOC’s / FOC’s) to ensure configuration management updates are aligned with trackside updates
What do I need to qualify for this role
- Demonstrable experience in Software Configuration Management
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Proven ability to be able to extract and understand contract conditions and requirements and implement them including those of a technical nature
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with customers, external partners, and internal colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple and changing demands
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Hold, or be working towards an Institute of Railway Signal Engineers (IRSE) license
- Knowledge of railway systems, technologies or other related safety critical systems is preferred
- Hold professional qualification
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time