Are you interested in opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your skills in computer science for application to distributed and decentralized systems? Are you also passionate about building innovative and scalable Cloud, Serverless, IoT and Edge applications and platforms? Join our research group to explore how to apply these technologies and knowledge to new era of Digitalization, Internet of Things, Blockchain Applications, Industry 4.0, and Smart Infrastructure.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate adoption of autonomous and intelligent systems. Research new technologies and ideas in decentralized software architectures.
This is your role. What part will you play?
You will architect, design, and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Demonstrate passion for deep understanding in state-of-the-art and emerging technologies in area of decentralized and distributed systems development.
- Have good understanding of technologies including hardware architectures for parallel and distributed computing.
- Apply your specialized knowhow to empower software applications with maximum reliability and performance.
- Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions to develop highly reliable and performant decentralized and distributed systems from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens business problems globally.
- Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world. Create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in prestigious conferences and journals.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Keen interest and solid skill in decentralized and distributed computing and one or more AI technologies such as deep learning or data analytics, additional skills in decentralized ledger technologies like blockchains with a good understanding of software engineering methodologies.
- You specifically have the following skills to make a difference to this role:
2. In-depth understanding of one or more of these technologies:
- Blockchain technologies e.g., Ethereum, Hyperledger, Big Chain DB
- IoT technology stacks and protocols including edge technologies
- AI technologies with applications to distributed systems
3. Good working experience and strong understanding of cloud computing and cloud native development methods like microservices architectures and associated patterns. Knowledge of modern DevOps methods and tooling.
4. A good understanding of distributed and P2P algorithms including graph algorithms, non-blocking data structures, leader election, fault tolerant consensus.
· Other skills for this role that could be a great plus are as follows:
1. Either work experience (preferable) or in-depth understanding of at least one of Blockchain technologies like Ethereum Hyper Ledger.
2. Experience with writing Smart Contracts with DSL as well as general purpose languages.
3. Knowledge of emerging edge computing architectures and technologies
4. Knowledge of a machine learning packages like SciKit Learn, NLTK, R or high-performance computing frameworks like OpenMP, CUDA.
5. Knowledge of communication and big data frameworks like Kafka, Storm, Protobuf, AMQP
6. API Management and Federation of Systems through APIs to build Ecosystems.
Domain expertise that could be a further plus:
• Expertise in at least one of the domains such as IoT Platforms Development, Industrial Automation, Autonomous Driving, Additive Manufacturing will be a big plus.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- While you are self-motivated and capable of working independently, you are also comfortable in teams
- Masters (M.Tech/M.S.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 5 – 7 years, OR
- Bachelors (B.Tech/B.E.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 7 to 10 years
- Technical papers at prestigious conferences or journals and filled patent applications would be a plus.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination to help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time