Project Manager Consultant
About the role
Siemens Global Business Services is looking for a Project Management Consultant to join our Project Services team which covers a diverse portfolio of projects including Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Finance, Digitalization, Tool Implementations, and Service Transformations in the United States. The successful candidate would exhibit the ability to manage any of the project types within the portfolio mentioned with a wide degree of professionalism, creativity, and latitude. The successful candidate should be an excellent communicator, comfortable managing multiple tasks, a team player, and have a problem-solving aptitude.
Manage specific projects for our customers in the Americas by effectively planning, budgeting, supervising, and documenting all aspects of the assigned projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant partners and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan including work packages, milestones, and quality gates to supervise and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Build and maintain comprehensive project documentation and deliverables ensuring that they adhere to quality standards
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the detailed execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects meet quality standards and adhere to all company methods, regulations, and guidelines.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and raise issues/risks to management as needed
- Accomplish high customer satisfaction
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identify additional business opportunities out of the ongoing projects and support of project attainment based on customer requirements and needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the client, third parties/vendors and all partners
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- PMI PMP Certification preferred
- 3-5 years working in the field of Project Management with experience implementing Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Supply Chain Management, Digitalization, IT, or Factory projects
- Command of spoken and written English language
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
· Use and continually develop professional skills
- Capable of communicating within in all levels of the organization
- Expertise in process improvement; Changes existing ways/ approaches and generates ideas for new and practical solutions.
- Advanced in the use of MS365 products (Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint) SmartSheets, and project scheduling tools
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset
- Siemens operational experience preferred
- Flexibility to work on international projects with multi-cultural background
- Project Travel as required; Travel could range from 10% to 40%.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time