At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
There is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of an expansion of EDA sales, support, and R&D with the establishment of the Siemens EDA Centre of Excellence in Saskatoon, Canada. This site’s unique cultural environment with supportive colleagues, group-based work environments, and deep community involvement offer an exciting opportunity to join one of the best teams in the country. This year, the site is scheduled to expand further, and continue to grow the EDA products they build and support.
One of those products is Aprisa, a technological breakthrough in Place & Route software and a recent acquisition by Siemens. Aprisa is poised for hypergrowth with a significant potential market; this will be like working for a start-up with the resources of a multinational.
You can be part of this growth.
Siemens EDA is looking for an experienced Software Developer to be the anchor of a brand-new team in the Siemens EDA Centre of Excellence in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. You will be the key technologist on the team, leading by example and through training a new team of fresh developers. You will report to an experienced software manager who will be utterly dedicated to your success and the success of the team. Together, the two of you will build on an established culture of excellence at the Saskatoon site to train new graduates and build a team able to work on power analysis, delay calculation, signal integrity, and static timing analysis engine development and maintenance.
The job has flexible hours and will not require overtime. You will meet development and training expectations by working with the team, not by being a hero. The hours are flexible to accommodate family and personal commitments, but in return you’ll be a little more available to communications or work outside of normal working periods. This is a new team, so face-to-face time will be important, but you’ll be welcome to work some days at home if you’d like. You’ll also need to travel to meet customers and colleagues at times.
Some of this will be quite a lot of fun, other times it will be a lot of work. Most of the time it will be both.
Who You Are
• You are excited about building new teams and working with new graduates; in fact, you’re probably already mentoring people and love it
• You have superb communication skills (especially in English) and a high emotional intelligence, with an ability to navigate different frames of reference among stakeholders, such as R&D or account teams, during engagements covering complex technical and business topics
• You own challenges, finding solutions even when it might mean leaving your lane; you can easily find examples of this when asked
• You are flexible & eager to learn new things, but you’re grounded in some experiences that match the challenging role you’re about to take on
• You’re enthusiastic about relocating to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and have a work permit for Canada
- You have at least a Master’s degree -- PhDs very welcome -- in EE, CE, EP, or CS and over five years industry experience, preferably on large-scale enterprise software projects.
- This means, of course, that you know how to develop new algorithms, handle external tool integration and library migration, you understand debugging techniques, and have an appreciation for most of the ways in which software development flows fail, with opinions about how to avoid those failures.
- You have a strong understanding of topics around power analysis, RC network analysis, delay calculation, and/or timing analysis
- If you have experience leading a software team and/or knowledge of CCS timing modeling, you’ll have an advantage in applying. The same goes for multithreaded implementation and mutex-lock for Linux thread synchronization
- If you’ve worked with (or developed) static timing analysis software, we really want to hear from you.
- It goes without saying that you have expert-level scripting skills (TCL, command line *nix)
Siemens is located at the Innovation Place research park in Saskatoon with a stellar view of the city and river. Adjacent to the University of Saskatchewan, the Siemens offices are among the most beautiful in the city. The more than 150 developers, Applications Engineers, and support staff comprise the largest Siemens Software research & development facility in Canada. In 2023, the site will open a new suite of offices in the same building, providing space for growth to come. The co-mingling of research and development with sales support is rare in EDA companies and it creates a vibrant office environment that encourages collaboration on shared goals. Despite the spaces for collaboration, this is not an open office environment: Siemens employees have small, shared-occupancy offices to encourage mentorship and partnership on activities while reducing distractions. Siemens sponsors numerous community events to which employees are welcome and enthusiastically encourages a diverse and welcoming work culture.
Compensation is based on experience and market values for Saskatoon. You will be asked what your expectations are. There are multiple perks beyond the basic health insurance package, including a variable pay rate based on team attainment, RRSP matching, share purchase matching, and a healthy bonus structure for high-performing employees.
position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they
are granted a medical or religious exemption
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.