Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Siemens Canada Limited, Ruggedcom is a leader in the development of rugged communications networking solutions designed for mission critical application in harsh environments.
As Financial Controller for Siemens Ruggedcom, located in Concord, ON, you will be responsible for all controlling activities relating to finance, accounting, manufacturing, marketing, product development, personnel, and operations for the Rugged Communications business within the business segment Digital Connectivity and Power. This role will have a direct impact on the financial performance and reporting function for the manufacturing operations and the global business.
What part will you play?
- You provide an array of information and expert analysis required by the Ruggedcom Executive management team
- You collaborate directly with all members of the management team to dynamically run the Ruggedcom business
- You lead and develop a team of highly motivated financial analysts who are responsible for supporting the cross-functional teams
- You are an advisor for the manufacturing, marketing, product development and operations teams, supporting them with focused evaluations on financial reporting, accounting, cost and trend analysis in order to improve business results
- You enhance the cross-functional and cross-organizational collaboration within the Ruggedcom organization
- You drive productivity (VAM) by improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business with related reporting responsibility in the One PUMA Web (OPW) system
- You seek opportunities to implement digital reporting and analysis solutions in finance
- You manage the consolidation of the budget and forecasting cycles for the local (manufacturing operations) and global business
- You execute the month, quarter, and year-end financial activities with P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow responsibility
- You liaise with the Risk and Internal Control corporate department to review and improve the Ruggedcom internal control system
- You work closely with the Supply Chain Management team to develop a balanced approach to inventory management
- You overlook costing activities for new products, BOM revisions, and support quotations for the Product Sales and Business Development team
- You are responsible for the profitability analysis of Ruggedcom’s product families to support strategic decision making
- You prepare and present business plans and capital budgeting calculations
- You assure transparent intercompany business by reviewing and preparing appropriate contractual agreements (e.g. SLA)
What you need to make real what matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance; CPA designation or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in Business Administration or Financial Controlling/Accounting
- Experience in a financial management and leadership role
- Manufacturing controlling experience, including an in-depth understanding of Cost Accounting, Bill of Material setup, inventory controls, etc.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong accounting skills in IFRS and the Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines
- SAP knowledge or similar ERP system preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills
- Highly self-motivated individual who embraces a culture of innovation and collaboration
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to provide data in a concise and appropriate manner
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited - RuggedCom
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.