Position Title: Process improvement Logistics Specialist
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
This position will focus upon improvement of logistics processes and systems to drive efficiency, speed, reliability, accuracy, and productivity. He/she, with the support of management, will identify opportunities, and execute regular process improvement projects within the logistics department. Most projects will be system and data intensive. The position will also be responsible for training new employees.
What you will do:
- Work for extended periods of time as a buyer or demand for 1 vendor, to gain expertise and suggest process improvement. May also cover for existing employees during periods of absence.
- With management, identify opportunities for process and/or systems improvement
- Perform analysis of data
- Maintain a pool of potential projects. Work with management to prioritize opportunities, and manage projects within the buyers
- Coordinate with plants, vendors, other departments, external agencies to ensure successful outcomes
- Lead and execute projects to drive improvement
- Be the champion of change within the department.
- Train new employees
- Project management, QA/testing, and process improvement
- Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of business rules and processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and supporting the development and implementation of solutions
- Outline business requirements and develop new processes to improve efficiency
- Apply knowledge of business process modelling to document future state processes
- Effectively communicate findings, insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Create solution architecture and data flow diagrams and documentation to communicate across business and technical teams
- Identify test scenarios, develop test scripts, and support testing in support of system and user acceptance testing
- Facilitate training to the department on visualization and data analysis tools
What we need from you:
- Exceptional meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Be a quick learner
- Sharp Analytical skills. Ability to handle large amounts of data
- High Level of computer skills
- 4-year college degree
- Strong Knowledge of Supply Chains in both Purchase to Order and Make to Order Environments
- 4+ years of work experience in an Operational environment with a demonstrated track record of process improvement activities
- Advance user of Microsoft Excel
- Advance user of ERP system
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret high volume of data and build reports
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with SAP, Tableau, Snowflake, Web Focus, APO, Sales Force
- Manufacturing experience
- Testing experience (Load Testing, Scripts, Plans, Automation, etc)
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.