Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. The focus of this position is to drive the Energy Services business within the local market for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. This position works closely with our existing Siemens customers to help improve their facility’s energy efficiency and sustainability footprint. This position conducts facility site visits, analyzes the customer’s current situation, and produces plans for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs). This position also assists sales and operations in the development, procurement, and execution of performance contracts. The ideal candidate would be someone comfortable with taking a leading role and has a passion for customer service as well as energy efficiency.
- Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential Energy Services opportunities.
- Conducts analysis of building energy performance through utility bill data.
- Supports assessments of customer building performance through analysis of information obtained from automation system.
- Conducts facility site visits to understand building function, operations, and areas for improvement.
- Effectively communicates findings for operational and efficiency improvements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports the development of preliminary and final energy services proposals.
- Participates in client meetings and presentations.
- Supports development efforts concerning recommended measures, including scope of work descriptions, sequences of operation, savings potential, and cost estimates.
- Performs energy calculations (such as weather-based BIN calculations).
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related technical field
- Experience in energy efficiency engineering within buildings; 3+ years preferred
- Understanding of HVAC design fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Central Chiller Plant design experience
- State licensed Professional Engineer (PE), Engineer in Training (EIT) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Understanding of State and Utility incentive programs
- 2+ years of Mechanical HVAC design experience
- Familiarity with State Energy Codes and/or ASHRAE 90.1
- Familiarity with MS Excel and VBA programming basics
- Experience with controls fundamentals
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.