>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
About Transportation-As-A-Service (TaaS)
TAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, TAAS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. TAAS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In the role of Director of Software Engineering, we are looking for candidates who want to be a part of something innovative and industry-leading in the EV mobility space, specifically TaaS. You will be responsible for building and managing a team and delivering industry-leading EV charge management product and experiences to our customers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach, and lead a team of Software Engineers and Validation Engineers in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Own the development and delivery of scalable, robust and resilient SaaS cloud-hosted EV charge management application suite.
- Also, own the development, validation, and delivery of containerized edge computing-based applications including site controller, and EV Charger integration using OCPP.
- Identify solutions at the software and systems level for fitment into the EV TaaS product suite
- Collaborate closely with customers, engineering, product management, and 3rd party technical teams
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop the operating structure and process to deliver on business goals
- Recruit, retain, mentor, and develop a growing team of system engineers
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in building scalable and robust SaaS cloud hosted applications with a minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Experience in EV Chargers and its eco-system components
- Experience with OCPP standard.
- Technical knowledge of modern web application stack including but not limited to Java (or Golang), RDMS, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Redis, Queuing, REST API’s.
- Experience in CI/CD technology, especially Dockers and Kubernetes with AWS.
- Proven ability to scale and foster a high-performing team
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate effectively across the organization
- Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession with product excellence, and an ability to move fast in a high-performing environment
- Demonstrated success in leading the development of products and customer-facing features from inception to delivery
- Excellent problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Strong analytical and experimental design skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Experience in electrical components esp. those required for setup at an EV Charging site.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.