Senior Quality Control Chemist - Nottingham, England
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join Siemens Healthineers as a Senior QC Analytical Chemist within our PETNET team based in Nottingham, England.
PET / Radiopharmaceutical experience is not needed for this role as training will be given. We are looking for an experienced Analytical Chemist with experience of QC equipment such as HPLC, GC and IC including use, troubleshooting, maintenance experience as well as technical QC experience such as Data Integrity, Method Validation and Equipment Qualification.
This role requires you to work shift work to meet the needs of the business and can include 12:00 (midnight) – 08:00, 05:00-13:00, 07:00-15:00 and 08:00 -16:00 for which there is a shift allowance paid monthly. There is also paid overtime as and when required.
Part of the Siemens Healthineers, PETNET is at the forefront of radiopharmaceuticals and molecular imaging. We work with some of the world leading research organisations, pioneering new biomarkers and changing nuclear medicine for physicians and patients. With over 50 radiopharmaceutical distribution centres across the world, we are one of the largest PET (Positron Emission Tomography) biomarker producers globally. We are committed to developing innovative PET tracer technologies, thus helping to expand and advance the science of molecular imaging. Our UK sites are growing all the time, attracting expert technicians and scientists from across the industry.
Purpose of the role:
Siemens Healthineers are recruiting for a Senior Quality Control Chemist to assist the Head of Quality Control (QC) in the routine QC testing of radiopharmaceuticals at our cyclotron facility on the Nottingham City Hospital campus. The role will help to ensure that the requirements of Radiopharmaceutical Production, Radiation Compliance, Health and Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice and Licensing commitments are met. There is also the requirement to assist in microbiological monitoring of the site so candidates with some microbiological experience would be especially welcome.
- Strong experience in various chromatographic data systems like ChemStation, Chromeleon, and OpenLab CDS.
- A good knowledge of analytical method development and validation strategies, with a good understanding of regulatory expectations, e.g. ICH guidelines.
- Analytical chemistry experience including knowledge and troubleshooting of applicable techniques e.g HPLC, GC, TLC, IC, Endotoxin Assay
- Write and review the QC documentation and SOP’s
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and calibrated following approved procedures and accountable for instrument qualification to GMP standards (Installation, Operational and Performance Qualifications).
- Exhibit strong teamworking and communication skills to work collaboratively within and outside your department
- A rational approach to problem solving with strong attention to detail with a desire to learn and grow their skills is essential.
- Sample management, including retain and stability samples
- Create and approve documentation, methods, procedures, protocols, and reports to agreed targets.
- Lead investigations into atypical or out of specification results and deviations from quality procedures to determine root cause and complete effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Use of Ion Exchange Chromatography, Chromeleon Software (CDS System), Refractometer, Bacterial Endotoxin, and TLC Scanner is desirable.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Experience of QC equipment such as HPLC, GC and IC including use, troubleshooting, maintenance experience.
- Technical QC experience such as Data Integrity, Method Validation and Equipment Qualification.
- Experience in analytical chemistry methods in a cGMP environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical sector. A science degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Radiochemistry and knowledge and experience of equipment and process validation would also be beneficial although not essential.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
The successful candidate would be required to work in accordance with a shift pattern which involves routine night and weekend working.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time