Siemens Smart Infrastructures relies on the combination of smart grids and smart buildings, reconciling physical solutions and digitalization in all areas of electrification and automation. Ingeniously connects energy systems, buildings and industries to improve the way we live and work through greater efficiency and sustainability.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland with around 7,400 colleagues responsible for the solutions and services business, making Siemens SI the market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further!
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our eMobility R&D team!
As a software engineer you will be responsible for developing and implementing software for our embedded systems (mainly Linux based systems). You will be involved in the complete life cycle of the product, from designing to building the code, including the final testing and device implementation.
* Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
* Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
* Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
* Interface with hardware design and development
* Assess third party and open-source software
Requirements and skills
* Proven working experience in software engineering
* BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
* Solid knowledge of English
* Solid programming experience in C or C++
* Proven experience in embedded systems with Linux OS
* Familiarity with Agile methodology and Agile tools (git, JIRA, ...)
* Strong documentation and writing skills
What makes us proud as an employer:
• The Biggest of Tech Portugal – Technological Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão magazines)
• Best Companies to Work For in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
• Healthy Workplaces Award – 3rd Grand Company (Awarded by the Order of Portuguese Psychologists)
• Company with the greatest ESG responsibility in the Technological/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
• 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, the largest platform in the Portuguese technological community)
We are excited to have:
A hybrid work model with a flexible working hours policy to promote work-life balance (applied to roles that allow it.)
A budget to set up a home office, health insurance and a financial support program for your studies.
There is also a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days of volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
To all these benefits we add the possibility of working in a fresh, relaxed and always motivated environment.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is pleased to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage submissions from a diverse pool of talent!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time