Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes build and use digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
The Fluids and Thermal Division is an innovative group, producing elite simulation products for thermal and fluid analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). We have developed an enviable reputation in our market over the last 30 years and are producing innovative products that deliver targeted solutions to our customers’ needs.
Simcenter FLOEFD embeds CFD in CAD software to frontload simulation, allowing concurrent design simulation and reducing design times.
Our team cultivates a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and improve expertly.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Siemens Digital Industries Software in Belgium is seeking a C++ Software Development Engineer to specialize in CAD Integration. You will be a member of world-wide, multi-site development team responsible for crafting, analyzing requirements, developing, implementing, testing, debugging, and maintaining Siemens’s Simcenter FLOEFD.
- Build, extend and maintain new and existing CAD integration features and functionality in the Simcenter FLOEFD based on requests from both product management and internal critical initiatives.
- Use best-practices in software development to create high quality, object-oriented software using the C++ programming language.
- Analyze and implement refactoring of software to adapt to future-looking, user-oriented technologies.
- Ensure that code adheres to standards and best practices for performance, quality, maintainability and extensibility.
- Build automated tests to exercise and maintain the quality of new features and ensure comprehensive test coverage of the product.
- Take part in design and code reviews, provide critical analysis of proposed software changes.
- Work independently to address problems and bugs as reported from other developers and/or customers.
- Operate within an agile scrum environment, taking appropriate ownership of development tasks and attending regular team meetings to report on progress and impediments.
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors (Masters preferable) degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- 3+ years of object-oriented C++ development experience as part of a medium to large size development team building commercial software.
- Experience developing sophisticated Windows GUI applications using modern design patterns and principles.
- English verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- CAD software (especially Siemens NX and SolidWorks) experience.
- Experience with Qt.
- Microsoft Windows MFC and COM programming.
- Knowledge of Win API.
- Experience with MSVS, GIT.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time